can i buy a receiver that has 2 satellite inputs enabling to watch either satellites

Hi Guys. At the minute I have a sly mini dish and also a 60cm monoblock on 19.2 and 13. Obviously there are 2x cable feeds into my house (one from each dish). What I'm wanting to know is, is there any way I can buy a receiver that has 2x satelitte inputs enableing me to watch either satellites whenever I want. Obviously id need a payserver aswell and wouldnt mind someone pointing me in the right direction. Many Thanks in advance​

If you use a DiSEqC switch, then the 2 signals can be combined into 1. You can then use any receiver that can handle DiSEqC switching.

They only cost a few £ on ebay.

EDIT...Oops, just realised that one of them is a monoblock. It can still be done with a DiSEqC switch if you split the monoblock output back to 2 seperate outputs before plugging them into the DiSEqC switch. You will need a splitter with dc passthrough on both ports.

Last edited:
Does the version of the Diseqc switch matter? I mean, is v2 better than V1 for a simple setup?

I don't know about other boxes, but Openboxes/Skyboxes only support 1.x (which are compatible with 2.x switches), so either type will work the same.

I think even the cheapest 4 way switches are 2.0 types now anyway.

you neeed desiq switch not spliter

almost every digital satellite box have desiq option example:
Dreambox/openbox/skybox/blade/spiderbox/eaglebox/truman/supermax/vuduo/tiger/technomate/eurobox/humax etc etc......

on desiq switch 4 ports for dish satellite in and one out for the box.
example:
on desiq switch at lnb1/port1 put 28 east dish cabel and on lnb2/port2 put astra dish antena cabel now in mid is one out fr the box put cabel there for the box in desiq.

now go to box satellite or antena setup select 28 east and then select desiq port1 or (A) now save it then select satellite astra now select same page at below desiq port2 (B) for it and save now scan both satellite on ur box 1 by 1 and start viewing both sat same time on one box.

desiq pictures attached

info about spliter: spliter devide 1 satellite to few boxes you not need spliter for watching 2 satellites.

for your further info desiq switch pictures attached. desiq price is £3 to £5 in open market.

Attachments

• m2Mr5EVxx08P0chAyCAkuyA.jpg
    m2Mr5EVxx08P0chAyCAkuyA.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 47
  • m5LrAdExZQGE2oYISh-w-mQ.jpg
    m5LrAdExZQGE2oYISh-w-mQ.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Back