Can I do anything with a Miraclebox Mini HD?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked a million times. I've searched but can only see threads relating to openvix which I thought had finished a while ago.

I notice there are some recent threads in the Cable section relating to openatv but I don't know what that is and I think the openatv site is in German so I don't know how to find out.

Is my old Miraclebox of any use still?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, sorry if this has been asked a million times. I've searched but can only see threads relating to openvix which I thought had finished a while ago.

I notice there are some recent threads in the Cable section relating to openatv but I don't know what that is and I think the openatv site is in German so I don't know how to find out.

Is my old Miraclebox of any use still?

Thanks for any advice.
openATV Forum check there mate

translate the page ther e is 6.3 for premium mini hd

I'm running cable and IPTV on miraclebox micro and is flawless, am loathed to change it

Hi, thanks everyone for the info and the links. I think I've manage to load openATV onto an XPeed LX2 because I could find the instructions for both the bootloader and 6.3 image.

mulfro, I don't mean to be a bother but is it possible you could tell me the USB routine with the MiracleBox Mini please? The Xpeed had an Up button on the front that I pressed when inserting the image.

I've just stuck the MB Mini bootloader USB into the back of the MB box and powered on. It just said Boot then went to display the Time.

I have no idea how I check its status.

This is the only text I could find on the openATV site regarding the MB Mini and I don't think it's anything to do with bootloading or images.

"Bootloader Update mini 25.5.2014
New Bootloader for the mini

Changes:

- Added boxtype to display after boot
- Added boot-loader version to display after boot
- Turn off voltage for tuner B after cfe initialization, as fast as possible - this avoid Miraclebox Mini problem with DVB-T2 cable connected
- Simplify code"

Hi pablo, thanks for the info and link.

It turned out I didn't know exactly which box I've got. I thought it was a MiracleBox Mini HD then I thought it was Premium Mini then I realised it's a Premium Mini+ Hybrid.

Would've thought they'd use different names.

I managed to get the right files on the USB and I pressed the arrow Up button then it did some stuff, paused for a while with 'U - r F' on the display (hoping it doesn't mean U r F***ed) but I didn't see the word Flashing. The power LED was flashing on and off but now it's stopped and the word OFF is on the display.

I don't know what to do and don't want to brick it.

Is there any way I can tell what image is on it please?

I think I might have made a mistake. I know it's the Cable forum but I just assumed openATV images would allow me to add an IPTV Emulator similar to an Android box?

However both the Miraclebox and Xpeed don't seem to have that functionality and in the Plugin Extentions neither box has Kodi available which I thought might provide a similar solution.

When I tried to use TS Media to see what IPTV was available on that menu the box just kept crashing.

Is there any way I can get IPTV on these boxes?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I've searched Google so much and can't find the exact answer. I guess openATV isn't made for that?

I think I might have made a mistake. I know it's the Cable forum but I just assumed openATV images would allow me to add an IPTV Emulator similar to an Android box?

However both the Miraclebox and Xpeed don't seem to have that functionality and in the Plugin Extentions neither box has Kodi available which I thought might provide a similar solution.

When I tried to use TS Media to see what IPTV was available on that menu the box just kept crashing.

Is there any way I can get IPTV on these boxes?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I've searched Google so much and can't find the exact answer. I guess openATV isn't made for that?
Yes you can run iptv on any enigma2 box but not android apps.
There's several iptv plugins you can try, jedimaker, xc or Google for iptv plugins. Not iptv apps

Back