Can lnb installed for sky q affect zgemma s2 ?

HI I had to reset my zgemma 2s box and flashed it with the ipab.tv image/software worked after a few attempts,I set my region up Scotland West done channel scan and only got 40 channels also tried auto boughets that said error tuner timed out I also have a working line .I looked at the signal finder and the SNR was low and the BERG but was still saying locked so I could scan but I had to keep moving the transponder to lock again then scan and again I was getting a few sky sports and adult channels. I had sky Q in my old house then when I moved in asked the engineer who's a relation to a friend if he could put in another sky feed to my room he said he would but sky Q users a different LNB I can also remember in my old house the engineer taking down the multiroom LNB and saying keep that in case you want to return to the old system. I took my zgemma to my neighbours who has normal sky and went to scan and the signal was alot higher then I scanned and got 700 odd channels and the auto boughets worked and all channels cleared , I brought it home set it up and I can see the channels but when I press on one it's just the black ipab start up screen and at the right it's saying 51% I'm assuming that's the signal strength they channels clear but if I go to another channel it says 0 so I don't get that channel I tried another scan and it was the same as before. I was thinking the dish may be off because of the weather but as I said it worked fine in my neighbours plus I remembered what the engineer said the first one telling me to keep the LNB then the 2nd one saying that he couldn’t put in another feed because it's a different LNB. So I was wondering if anyone can shed any light on this or having the same issues it does seem to be a signal problem so I'm sure it's the new LNB but I can't change it the dish is too far up so I'll probably have to sell my zgemma so any help again is appreciated thanks.

Sly Q LNB wont work with anything apart from an official sly Q box, you will need a hybrid LNB to run both

Thanks scoob197 I no longer have the sky Q was £142 a month so could I revert to the normal sky LNB that the engineer told me to keep?

yup, hybrid LNB are designed to run both, zgemmas etc need the old type tho, so if u have ditched q, ditch the q lnb (y)

edit
£142/month pfffff, may I ask what package that is?

The reason it was so high was because I added bt sports which only shows on the one box and when I moved house they said that they would add sky sports and films on to sky Q they said they would be free for 6 months then they talked me into the broadband etc. So instead of just having the boxsets package I had everything but bt sports where free for 3 months and after that it was £28 per month on top of the sky sub. The sky movies and sports weren't free and I complained and as far as they where concerned that was for new customers only so I never got any help from any of the sky operators so I ended up leaving them. Now I can't use my zgemma 2s because of the new LNB they put on when they installed sky Q .

- - - Updated - - -

Mr murdoch knows how to fleece you and his customer care is bad promise you free subs for 6 months then hit you with a £142 bill then when you complain they do nothing just pass you around to one of there colleagues that say that the price is correct!!

Bang that old lnb back on and you'll be good to go - the dish will be in the correct position so just make sure you have the right skew setting on the lnb when you replace it and that should be that.

Back