Can someone advise further?

SSingh

Hi all,

I have always used a cable box such as Kryptview.

I am now looking to move down the Sat HD box route and already have a dish which is up and running.

However all this CCAM etc is new to me.

Can anyone recommend a good HD box and instructions on how wasy it is so I can set up with Sly Chans.

I dont have a clue and before I purchase would like to know whats involved, a basic step by step guide would be great, so i know exactly is involved and if I am capable!

All thoughts and informaiton appreciated.

Hey SSingh,
I think from listening to others around here that the blade is the way forward, here is the Blade section, have a look around this section and see if it helps,>>>>>Blade Media Satellite. . Also there is a raffle for a blade box on the TechKings site

Thanks,

I think im going to go for the blade however there's an option for combo? What's the difference between the different types available?

Thanks,

I think im going to go for the blade however there's an option for combo? What's the difference between the different types available?

Both of them have the same features I believe, but the combo works on cable. However if you were to ask whether you should go for the combo or the normal one, I would just go with the normal one, satellite is more reliable than cable.

Thanks all, this is a very helpful forum.

Do I need a twin cable from my sat dish. I have one which was already set up by sky and has the one incoming cable from my dish.

Going to order the blade combo and can't wait for set up and about time I got Hd channels!

dont think the combo comes with twin sat tuners as only one is a sat tuner which you need one cable run from dish to box,the other can be a cable feed or terrestrial aerial feed.choice of tuners you have.

you will only need to have twin sat feeds if you had a sky+hd box or a vu+duo which has twin tuners or other makes that have 2 sat tuners.:)

if you were starting off from scratch i would say get a quad lnb and wire up twin sat cable or shotgun cable so you have it ready for a twin tuner box in future.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Unfortunately satelite already set up and have the one incoming cable. Just finding best price for balde combo and then here we go!

Back