cancelled or soon to be cancelled holidays?

lamblamb

TK Veteran
ok, so who's got one? :LOL:

i have about £10k tied up in a holiday with TUI for September to St. Lucia, with about £4k left to pay.

I sincerely doubt it will go ahead though i shall continue to pay the installments rather than lose my deposit.

So, who's in the same boat?

If it gets cancelled i will probably opt to move it till later or next year rather than wait for a refund for 2-3 months.

Anyone have any thoughts?

The Mrs has a break in Menorca booked for the end of June. Not really enough money invested in it for it to be an issue but I think when it comes to it, the decision will be to take a refund and let the travel industry and other countries recover and settle down a bit before going anywhere.

i have about £10k tied up in a holiday with TUI for September to St. Lucia, with about £4k left to pay.

I sincerely doubt it will go ahead though i shall continue to pay the installments rather than lose my deposit.

If it gets cancelled i will probably opt to move it till later or next year rather than wait for a refund for 2-3 months.

Was meant to be best man for my mates wedding today in Cyprus. Obviously all had been paid, mate now has £16000 in jet 2 vouchers. This was their choice and refund was on offer. You are right, the payments need to be made and it's only when the airline/travel co say it's cancelled that these options become available to you. It also helps if you book all direct with the travel firm. If you have booked separates/flights/hotels etc.....then this can come back to bite you. Think you need to rely on visa/mastercard after this I believe.

We was off to Dubrovnik for a few nights mid May , Jet2 cancelled flights so we will be ok there ...don’t know if we gonna chance rebooking or just get the money back and rebook when we are happy to . But the hotel was with Hotels dot com and is paid for so not heard from them yet but have checked and croatia is in lockdown so hoping to hear from them or the hotel itself soon as cant be bothered to sit in the phone for ages and don’t think I can email hotels dot com , I am sure we will get the money back just when. Dont think we will rebook abroad this year. Hotel less than £400 so nothing like above , like you say best to pay and then let them cancel.

i don't think money back will be a problem apart from the time it takes to refund and whether or not the company goes bust in the meantime.

my only though would be how many people are looking for a holiday when the flights resume and what the prices are likely to be :unsure:

we were lucky in the respect we only got back from thailand 10 days ago, a lot of people will be lucky to get any sort of holiday this year.

i don't think money back will be a problem apart from the time it takes to refund and whether or not the company goes bust in the meantime.

my only though would be how many people are looking for a holiday when the flights resume and what the prices are likely to be :unsure:

we were lucky in the respect we only got back from thailand 10 days ago, a lot of people will be lucky to get any sort of holiday this year.

Yeah but I think it's more of a confidence issue than anything else. So jet2/tui/ryanair etc all stating flights from june 17th but are folk really confident of leaving the uk for the sun this year. This is why I think the prices for hols/flights may well be different to any other year. A minefield tbh....

I’m in same boat with tui I go away in October I’ve phoned them we are all good you have to keep paying and let then cancel if need be
Even if they give you holiday vouchers you can claim money back

That’s what my missus said , she said move the flight but you ain’t gonna get travel insurance to include corona virus and if you get hospitalised for a fortnight abroad then that’ll be the end of the next ten years holidays.

Yeah but I think it's more of a confidence issue than anything else. So jet2/tui/ryanair etc all stating flights from june 17th but are folk really confident of leaving the uk for the sun this year. This is why I think the prices for hols/flights may well be different to any other year. A minefield tbh....
Next year holidays will be expensive as they got to recover losses

That’s what my missus said , she said move the flight but you ain’t gonna get travel insurance to include corona virus and if you get hospitalised for a fortnight abroad then that’ll be the end of the next ten years holidays.

the last time i paid for holiday insurance i paid extra for natural disaster cover, we were going to bali and mt agung was playing silly buggers.

insurance have since confirmed our insurance is valid againt corona as long as the gov allow us to fly.

@garyth

it is a minefield.

the likelihood of june flights abroad is zero in my opinion, i cant see ours being ok in september :LOL:

Yeah so this is the tour operators who put this out there, though they must be taking guidance from the fco. I do agree that September is looking dodgy too. Only time will tell on this...I think ABTA are clamping down on them though with the first offer being vouchers rather than straight cash.

Next year holidays will be expensive as they got to recover losses

So will our fooking taxes!

We go to Turkey in September only the deposit paid so far. Gotta pay full amount by June though.
Dont know whats going to happen

My wife said forget about a holiday this year, she's not going anywhere!.....been looking for a cruise next year on RCI and WOW treble the normal price, and they had the cheek to call it early saver!....lo

My wife said forget about a holiday this year, she's not going anywhere!.....been looking for a cruise next year on RCI and WOW treble the normal price, and they had the cheek to call it early saver!....lo

a cruise is worse than a holiday i think, 1000.s trapped on a floating prison and if theres an outbreak you all trapped

should have been in Cyprus now but nothing off tui got another booked for 1st may 8 weeks skiathos email to say that,s been cancelled been on the phone for hours then they just cut you off not looking good for refund

We booked in January to go for a week in Spain 17th of this Month with Jet 2 I have had emails confirming cancellation obviously and awaiting a call from them in a couple days time to see what options are open to us we also booked Car Park at Airport they have been in touch and gave me a voucher code valid till March 2021 ,at the moment we are looking to put it off till next year same hotel same weeks.We also booked a Virgin Experience day(expect innuendo jokes here) for Windsor castle at Hotel for 2 nights,Virgin have told me the voucher is good till August and I can extend that for a further 3 months if things are the same,the hotel have gave me a Voucher valid till December 2021 for the full cost of original booking,My Travel Insurance company have refunded me my Years payment less £15(Administration Charge that was made clear at time of Booking) so Companies are trying to do whats right and fair ,We have another holiday booked with Jet 2 in September but only paid deposit but going by what These people have done so far I am in doubt they will behave honestly

Back