Cancelling VM can i still use zgemma?

Adam7861

Hi All

After a recent price increase by VM and not getting a better deal from retentions i’ve decided to cancel my broadband with them.

Will this mean there will no longer be a live signal into my house as i wont have any services from them and that i can no longer use the zgemma h2h?

Thanks

There is a possibility your line could be disconnected from the cabinet in the street but as to when is anyones guess im afraid and some people have still had a live feed to their property for years (y)

What I say your already stealing channels, just pay the internet fee ffs
The issue is there charging way to much for current customers. Mine is £43.73 (internet only) and going up another £3.50 after the 1st of September. I'm sure I was only paying around £35 when I first signed up.

Deals for new customers are much better

I'm going to call retentions and see if they can do me a deal if not I'll probably cancel then maybe re sign up so less chance of getting cut off.

The issue is there charging way to much for current customers. Mine is £43.73 (internet only) and going up another £3.50 after the 1st of September. I'm sure I was only paying around £35 when I first signed up.

I'm going to call retentions and see if they can do me a deal if not I'll probably cancel then maybe re sign up so less chance of getting cut off.
I pay £33 for 200 meg through retentions

Another way is actually cancel, then outbound retentions get through to you, there discounts are a lot better. It's just being able to answer the phone and so on at work

You need some sort of broadband in order to receive channels on cable, if you use a zgemma, then you should get a broadband only deal, and if VM dont give you a good deal, try someone else.

I pay £29 for broadband, 50mb, capped at 20gb per month.
I dont download anything so its no problem.
Its highly unlikely they'd disconnect the cable from cabinet but not impossible.
If they did, get broadband installed and cancel in 14 day cooling off period

I pay £33 for 200 meg through retentions
I’m paying £42 for 100 meg. Like I said i was willing to stay but when I called retentions the agent told me immediately after checking my account he couldn’t reduce the price at all which surprised me as in the past they’ve always made me an offer.

Just going to have to take a chance and see what happens. Worst case i’ll go down the iptv route i suppose.

Thank everyone

A few friends of mine switched from VM recently, as soon as both their services were switched off, which was at midnight, both lost all their channels on their zgemma boxes, as soon as there was no internet connection, there was no dis-connection from green cabinets.

Internet is required for all lines regardless of sat, cable or iptv.
How anyone would expect a line to work without network is a mystery

Ahh but sat or iptv can use any internet provider.
Cable needs a supply from vm as in live cable and could use any internet provider but taking a chance of losing their services.

Vm lines need an internet conection.
It can be talktalk, vodafone or anyone, providing the vm cable remains connected to box

Whats the best deal for internet and good connection I have vm at the moment and is £45 a month and £7 a month for 1000 mins phone line. it's getting to experience now 2 years ago only paying £35 a month for vm internet.

I'm paying £47 for 200mb broadband only from VM.
I'm quite happy with that to be fair when I think back to my Sky bill going up to £107 some years ago (I didn't pay it!).

Ahh but sat or iptv can use any internet provider.
Cable needs a supply from vm as in live cable and could use any internet provider but taking a chance of losing their services.
No I know of quite a few with cable using BT and other networks, still works ok.

been with VM for years, last contract renewal was £35 for 100mb & landline, just renewed this time for £36 for the same service as was out of contract & bill was about to go up to £43 (I think). Having a few internet problems at the minute as net is dropping every few mins then reconnecting. Complained to VM about 3 weeks of poor service.... Had a nightmare getting them to sort my net out & thinking of canceling to see what IF anything they will offer to keep/compensate me as still have 7 days to pull out of contract.
As already stated you do not need to be a VM customer to continue to use VM c/s, you only need an internet provider & the VM cable connected (at house & cabinet in the street) for it to work.

Last edited:
been with VM for years, last contract renewal was £35 for 100mb & landline, just renewed this time for £36 for the same service as was out of contract & bill was about to go up to £43 (I think). Having a few internet problems at the minute as net is dropping every few mins then reconnecting. Complained to VM about 3 weeks of poor service.... Had a nightmare getting them to sort my net out & thinking of canceling to see what IF anything they will offer to keep/compensate me as still have 7 days to pull out of contract.
As already stated you do not need to be a VM customer to continue to use VM c/s, you only need an internet provider & the VM cable connected (at house & cabinet in the street) for it to work.
I noticed about a moth ago sky was doing a deal for £26 a month and on for 3 year at the same price so I might change to sky.

No wonder VM appear to be in no rush to implement card less, they will be absolutely flooded with cancellations.
There can be hardly any old carded boxes left out there and if they were serious surly they could get round them all in a couple of days.
They know has well has us that they have guaranteed revenue from the card sharers, why risk getting turned off to save a couple of quid on unknown "fibre" internet from another provider. I have minimum TV, internet and phone line and they rob me for £51.50 a month so I rob them back.

IPTV also works perfectly on Virgin whereby neighbours on non cable internet have problems with blocks that need VPN subs to work and slower than advertised speeds in general.

yes expensive now virgin broadband near £50 just for a broadband connection,they boost your speed for free then put your bill up 3 month later what a scam

Back