Cancelling VM can i still use zgemma?

I got the letter the other day
46 and going up 4.50 at the start of September

Phone up didn't say I was leaving just said this is getting wild

Dropped it down to 37 for the next 12months for 200mb.

Yeah I phone up Virgin and threaten to leave every 12 months. When they try to haggle me I threaten to smash their teeth in. Retentions normally call back with a good deal a few days later. Obviously they don't want me to smash their teeth in. Obviously this don't work with the Council though they just threaten to leave my bins and take me to court.

If they can offer 100meg and then give you a free speed boost to 200meg it clearly shows that it dont cost them anymore no matter which package speed your on ffs.
The thing that makes my blood boil is the price rises mid contract all the time and its getting beyond a joke now ffs could live with a 50p rise or summert but most of time its £3-4 everytime and this soon mounts up bigtime (n)

mine due soon got it reduced last year,when I played holy shit for a phone or tv that's never used,got 35 for 6mnth and 40 for 6mnth,want another reduction or they can shove it. as someone said you get email "great news we are giving you a free speed boost" another email 3 month later " we are sorry to inform you but"

Its called enforced upgrade, they upgrade you for free without you asking, then hike it up.
If they offered it at a premium, there'd be little uptake or interest, giving it away ensures almost everyone gets it.
Then price goes up

Its called enforced upgrade, they upgrade you for free without you asking, then hike it up.
If they offered it at a premium, there'd be little uptake or interest, giving it away ensures almost everyone gets it.
Then price goes up
yea,a bit like new windows update,what I read they are now going to enforce it on certain win 10 builds.

I was on £61.50 per month for basic package 100MB and 2nd line for multiroom. I then called them up telling them I was that I was considering leaving and asked them if they could give me a reduced price offer. I managed to reduce it to £48.50 for 12 month contract.

They have also sent me a letter indicating the £3.50 price hike in Sept.

Would this apply to me even though I am on a 12 month contract?

I've been having a nightmare with VM for 3 weeks now... they insisted there was no external/localized fault for the first 7-10 days so I changed splitters multiple times & ran fresh cables through my home, twice vm home engineers were booked only to be no shows, many phone calls to both India & UK call centers, lots of excuses & bs generic responses. Spoke to a VM network engineer I saw in the area that there was an intermittent cabinet fault that was hard to locate.

I decided enough was enough & I was leaving however IF you read my post #17 on page one you will see I had just agreed to a new contract & was within my cooling off period so rang to cancel...the call center opp decided I was one day over my 14 days to cancel & wanted to charge me a £250 leaving fee which made my blood boil... after getting them to check I was on my last day to cancel so no fee was due...!

There is still more to this tail but for the sake of my sanity, I'm going to skip past most of it & get to the important bit:-

VM rang me yesterday as a follow-up courtesy call to see how they had handled my issue...this gave me the opportunity to vent so the poor girl copped for the lot.... managed to keep calm but let her know my displeasure. This is where things get better as VM bent over backwards to make things right:

old bill per month was around £50 with phone calls but I had agreed to a new contract at £36 (that I canceled), by the time I got off the phone I had agreed to a new contract with extra reductions plus compo for loss of service:
12m contract to run for 18m costing £28pm plus a £3pm extra reduction for 12m as compo & a one-off £20 credit.

So at the end of the day, I have had 3 weeks of poor service & a lot of hassle but we now have the same 100mb BB & landline at half price so I'm happy again....for now!

VM has the best BB of any of the big six providers imo & seldom has downtime however when things do go wrong... IF I described VM call centers as useless I'd be paying them a compliment.

Nice to hear that they compensated you and gave you a sweet offer to make up for the BS you had to endure.

I agree the BB with VM is really good which is the main reason I want to stick with them.

where I live vm is only fibre option,and asked friends who have tried sky broadband for iptv and said absolute rubbish,so until other suppliers up their game looks like will have to pay for vm,

Back