Cannot flash Miraclebox Premium Micro

michaelis

Hi!

I'm trying to flash the latest nightly build from openATV Nightly Downloads by formatting an usb with fat32, I have erased it before with Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool, and copying the miraclebox folder to the usb. After that I insert it into my box, start it on the switch in the back and press the power button when it starts to flash. I wait a couple of minutes and then the open atv 7.1 splash screen shows and nothing happens after that. I've waited a bit longer, removed the usb and restarted the box but it doesn't get further than the splash screen.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Is there any possibility to install some sort of linux os and run it as an htpc instead?

Hi!

I'm trying to flash the latest nightly build from openATV Nightly Downloads by formatting an usb with fat32, I have erased it before with Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool, and copying the miraclebox folder to the usb. After that I insert it into my box, start it on the switch in the back and press the power button when it starts to flash. I wait a couple of minutes and then the open atv 7.1 splash screen shows and nothing happens after that. I've waited a bit longer, removed the usb and restarted the box but it doesn't get further than the splash screen.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Is there any possibility to install some sort of linux os and run it as an htpc instead?
Try again with a release version of the image not the nightly.

I would also try another PSU as they are flaky on the Miracle box and if getting weak usually crap out as the tuner asks for power in the boot cycle.

Try again with a release version of the image not the nightly.

I would also try another PSU as they are flaky on the Miracle box and if getting weak usually crap out as the tuner asks for power in the boot cycle.
Thank you for the quick reply. I'm completely new to this. Where do I find the release version?

Could i ask a question as VIX images are ZIP files needing extraction to usb

Are ATV files in ZIP format also needing extraction first?

Which image is on there at the moment? Does it boot into it?

I'll try and flash my one later. I have a suspicion that the image size has gone over what the bootloader will allow to be flashed by USB. It should be fine if flashed using ofgwrite. (flash on line/image manager/automatic full backup)

Back