cannot flash via usb (movies,timeshift appearing on usb)

nacco

hi been trying to flash via usb following instructions from the download section (sucmnsee) but no joy

i thought that maybe i had put the wrong folder on the usb but whilst checking i have noticed there are another 2 folders on the drive named movies and timeshift along with the zgemma folder i put on there

i formatted the usb again and put the zgemma folder back on (nothing else)

put in rear usb
turn box on

goes straight to boot and doesnt flash

again i have checked what is on the usb and the other 2 folders are there again

good the zgemma be putting these folders on there when booting up which in turn is not allowing it to read the zgemma folder on the usb

I have tried a low level format and then format with Windows but still nothing.

I thought it had worked at one point as flash appeared on the display then 30 seconds later it rebooted but nothing has changed.

Is there a certain USB stick the is recommended to use for flashing?
Also when unzipping the rar I get a zgemma folders and an openatv rar am I right is saying it's only the zgemma folder that I copy to the USB.

Sorry for the questions I have been trying to find answers and following guide but still no luck

Copy zgemma folder and contents to usb to flash by usb.
If using hddguru untick quick.
Then in windows format also untick quick.

If the usb is in box when it hits 'boot ' for more than 5 secs IT WILL corrupt the mbr again and need low level format again

U can also flash using the openatv zip.
Make sure timeshift is off.
Create a folder in /hdd/imagebackups.
Place the zip in there
Menu
Setup
Vix
Image manager
Restore

---------- Post Merged at 12:02 PM ----------

Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/Zgemma-H.2H/OpenViX

Download this file and give a go.

You will have to add all your own extra's but you will find you learn more doing it yourself.

Wont really help as flashing is the problem hes having! lol

Found that I had issues trying to flash your image(which is great by the way)
I had the same issues as above poster. Tried with the same usb with the raw image and it worked. Thats the reason I posted this.

ok so i have formatted a new usb and put the zgemma folder on there. plugged it in to the rear of the box and turned on

it now says flash for about 1 minute then boot and loads openvix is this right

probably sound like a right idiot here but hey we all start somewhere

ok so i have formatted a new usb and put the zgemma folder on there. plugged it in to the rear of the box and turned on

it now says flash for about 1 minute then boot and loads openvix is this right

probably sound like a right idiot here but hey we all start somewhere

Yes sounds right

---------- Post Merged at 12:39 PM ----------

Found that I had issues trying to flash your image(which is great by the way)
I had the same issues as above poster. Tried with the same usb with the raw image and it worked. Thats the reason I posted this.

'Shouldnt' Have mattered but if it works...... lol

In the folder on the USB Could be a file named "noforce"
rename it to "force" and then re-insert into the back of your box
switch your box and hey presto, it will flash.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply I managed to get everything working think it was another case of fussy USB stick.

One last thing can anyone recommend a nice vm skin instead of the blue sly one. Are the skins for the h1 compatible for the h2h I'm guessing they will be.

Thanks again for the help

Yeh mostly the skins are image based not box based. So atv skins all work on atv etc vix on vix. Sometimes they crossover but back up before you try.

Back