Cannot get Wooshbuild to update

Big Nig

Joined only yesterday, so be gentle! I saw a thread (albeit from 2016) about how to update Wooshbuild; I've pressed green button, clicked on 'WB Importer' and . . . nothing, just nothing happens, goes back to normal tv channel and when I press ANY button on my remote I get that white cross on black background top right of picture - as in no commands accepted. So then I restart Zgemma box and try again, and exactly the same thing happens. My question is: do I really need to update Wooshbuild?

Thanks, have been looking but can't seem to find anyone else having this problem. My main aim was to update the iptv player - which I understand is now 'istream' but, in all honesty, looks far too complicated for me (I'm 66 and not tech savvy by any means). The instructions always seem to presume you know a lot about what you are doing. I need a dummy guide. Think I'll just stick with where I am now. Let sleeping dogs lie, and all that. Thanks anyway.

You need to uninstall the e2iplyer then if you use the magnifying glass at top of forum search e2istream in there is a thread explaining what to do to get it on your box to replace the e2iplayer you enter a command via putty or terminal but if your wanting to update wooshbuild you would be better doing a complete re flash so you get the latest updates grog free range does everything for you and comes with e2istream pre installed

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Have managed to install istream via Putty. Rather pleased with myself. Just trying to get my Zgemma to see my pendrive now, as it says hdd drive full or some such. Shouldn't be difficult but so chuffed I can get access to thousands of movies. Always a school day.

You could always use Grogbuild, which already has all the plug ins that you need, including E2istream player, easy enough to install and also easy to maintain, plus whooshbuild latest is now called infinity, which is a good build too, but there is a bit more work to do after the installation.

how old is the wooshbuild you are running? if you are looking at a thread 3 years old then it will be way out of date and basically useless.

Check in the All Builds forum on this site, there are loads of Wooshbuild threads

Thanks you so much for that. I have now managed to download and install E2istream which enabled me get back my movies, also added a pen drive. Happy now with loads of movies. I accept that sooner or later I will need to bite the bullet and do exactly as you suggest re. Infinity. Just noticed Grog68 reply. I do not understand when you say 'useless'. I am still using it, it still has over 900 free 'sky' channels via dish, and I now am getting loads movies via E2stream, and all for free. What more will I get when I upgrade to Infinity?

Not sure there's 900 freesat channels?
Even with a sat line from a provider there's only about 100 including bt sports and Doccs and entertainment etc

Thanks you so much for that. I have now managed to download and install E2istream which enabled me get back my movies, also added a pen drive. Happy now with loads of movies. I accept that sooner or later I will need to bite the bullet and do exactly as you suggest re. Infinity. Just noticed Grog68 reply. I do not understand when you say 'useless'. I am still using it, it still has over 900 free 'sky' channels via dish, and I now am getting loads movies via E2stream, and all for free. What more will I get when I upgrade to Infinity?
Sorry, by useless I mean the 3 year old thread, what it contains would be out dated, I don't know what thread it was but if it is a thread saying how to update WB then it wouldn't work now etc. I don't mean what you are using is useless.

Not sure there's 900 freesat channels?
Even with a sat line from a provider there's only about 100 including bt sports and Doccs and entertainment etc
Not Freesat, free channels provided free via satellite dish. over 900 in total (including regional variations). I have taken a quick snap of the last screen (and I was wrong, there is 980!!). If you've had Sky, then cancelled, all these channels you can access for free.......... Hey - I'm supposed to be learning from you!!

Attachments

• channelproof.jpg
    channelproof.jpg
    543.7 KB · Views: 13
I accept that, plus I've just realised they start at 101 too, but I reckon about at least six hundred up and running (not counting regional variations) and bear in mind there's many News channels, Adult channels, Selling channels, Bible channels - and loads are not covered by an epg, so you need to click on them to see what's on! Anyway, enough to keep me happy in my retirement. And now I have my movies I won't be considering an IPTV service.

Well done Big Nig you will get there I am the same age and trust me it does get easier.
When you feel ready have a good read of the instructions for grog build free range honestly it is not hard if you follow it line by line, if you can make a backup of your system at the moment on to a pen drive, then if you mess up you can put that in the box and it will go back to how you have it now so nothing lost except a bit of time and lets face it you have that in spades now.:LOL:

Back