Cannot play recorded .ts files

migmac

I have a Vu+ Zero (Rev.2) with OpenATV 7.2. I have a network partition mounted as an HDD. When I record any program, the files are on the network partition. However, I cannot play the .ts file on a PC using VLC. It works if I play it in the receiver's media player.
In the recording folder are the following files: file.ts.cuts, file.ts, file.ts.ap, file.ts.sc, file.eit and file.ts.meta.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Cheers,
MM

What happens if you copy the file to your local hard drive and then try to play it?

What's the exact error VLC shows you when you try to play?

VLC does not give any errors; it simply does not play the video. The play button is flickering between Play and Stop. I passed the file through TSDoctor, and no error was detected.

(I attached a sample file)

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    20 MB · Views: 6
silly question, do they play OK on the box itself?

Looking at the size of the file I would say it didn't actually record for some reason, no free tuner or something like that

Looking at the size of the file I would say it didn't actually record for some reason, no free tuner or something like that
Yes, on the receiver it is reproduced correctly.

The file is small because I only recorded 1 minute of video as a sample.

I've just tried it and, as you say, it won't play in VLC. I ran it through VideoRedo and saved it as a .ts file and now it plays fine.

Have you tried recording to the box hdd to see if it makes a difference?

Back