Can't boot windows

akavaboom

Hi tried to re, install windows 7 on my desktop pc, changed boot sequence in bios still just loads windows, dont get message to press any key to boot from cd completely baffled any advice plz

Hi tried to re, install windows 7 on my desktop pc, changed boot sequence in bios still just loads windows, dont get message to press any key to boot from cd completely baffled any advice plz
Try removing hdd from boot sequence.
Just cd/dvd and see if it boots, you can change it back later

I did that, got the option to press any key to boot from cd but once pressed a key gave me repeat message press any key to boot

Its not loading windows when removed hard drive just get message press any key to boot, when i press a key the message just repeats

It has to be bootable
If copied from a genuine disk it has to be an image of the disk, just 'copy disk' never works as it won't boot

Press esc when switching on machine that will bring up boot choice menu select cd/dvd from there.

You could try another bootable disc to see if that loads in your machine or try that disc in another machine. You could always make a bootable USB and go that route orepending on your IT skills, you could even reimage through your network using the onboard nic IPV4.

Back