can't clean install , help

I have tried several times to clean install via USB with openATV 6.4 but every time nothing it goes through process flashing red light and all that then the openatv splash screen comes on then blank with a slight flickering

At this stage i can open putty and it recognises the box and when i try to load an auto script i get message Not enough disc space is this causing the problem, if so how do i clean it ?

before u connect on putty have u tried fully setting up the usb first ?then after reboot try?
usb setup
menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise
let it initialise
back to tv
menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create
let it create n press 256 mb
n yellow 4 auto start,red to make active
exit into mount manager ,green setup n save on media/hdd ,box will reboot

I have tried several times to clean install via USB with openATV 6.4 but every time nothing it goes through process flashing red light and all that then the openatv splash screen comes on then blank with a slight flickering

At this stage i can open putty and it recognises the box and when i try to load an auto script i get message Not enough disc space is this causing the problem, if so how do i clean it ?
Format the usb in the pc/laptop, use FAT32.
Put it in the box.
Flash online/local.
Choose openatv 6.4

before u connect on putty have u tried fully setting up the usb first ?then after reboot try?
usb setup
menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise
let it initialise
back to tv
menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create
thanks for reply

I formatt USB with fat32 then load all necessary files on to stick

I then insert stick to back of box hold in reset button then switch on

Wait for light on front panel to start flashing then i leave it to complete process

After a few minutes i get the OPEN ATV image appear on screen then it goes off

The TV screen remains blank with a slight flickering round the edges

Thats it , it doesn t do anything else and yet if i open putty it recognises the box but when i try to install it*v auto script it says there is no space left in tv bouquets Etc/Enigma2

this happens everytime i try to clean install

Format the usb in the pc/laptop, use FAT32.
Put it in the box.
Flash online/local.
Choose openatv 6.4
when you say flash online/local what do you mean?

In that case format usb.
Put it in rear of the box.
Press blue button.
Choose flash online/local.
Choose openatv 6.4
usb is in back loaded with open atv 6.4 but screen is blank so even when i press blue button i see nothing

I misread your OP
You need openatv installed before you can use menus to get to flash online.
Easiest is to flash grogbuild Freerange, it will install today's openatv via webif/terminal
EDIT
When you say you are trying to install IPTV, are you saying there's is already a working openatv image on the box?
From a hard reboot, dies the box come on with menus and what not?
No mate when i refer to iptv im referring to the enigma2 auto script to load channels on to box its a process i have done many times

I misread your OP
Easiest is to flash grogbuild Freerange, it will install today's openatv via webif/terminal
EDIT
When you say you are trying to install IPTV, are you saying there's is already a working openatv image on the box?

Last edited:
I misread your OP
EDIT
the box is installed with open ATV 6.4 and woosh build problem start when i loaded an auto script files via putty ( done this a million times) it only loaded hlf the file then i got blue screen of death so decided to to a completely fresh clean install and thats where the issue started

Blank screen

The box isn't recognising the usb.
Use a different usb.
You can either DL it to the usb using pc or DL it to usb via the box using flash online, either way you need a new usb

Thanks everyone for your support and help i seem t have fixed it now fingers crossed , the only problem now is Device space or lack of it , i tried to install a different skin and the message i get is there is not enough to space on device ? hmmm i have initialised a 16GB usb stick and it says Media/HDD so i guess thats correct now is the Extra memory for recording or can it be used for extra space on the device if so how?

Thanks everyone for your support and help i seem t have fixed it now fingers crossed , the only problem now is Device space or lack of it , i tried to install a different skin and the message i get is there is not enough to space on device ? hmmm i have initialised a 16GB usb stick and it says Media/HDD so i guess thats correct now is the Extra memory for recording or can it be used for extra space on the device if so how?
so swap manager + mount setup ? if its a basic atv it dusnt have many skins tbf

menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create

opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk u could slapp ALL that on thru putty ,when box reboots at first screen were it says usb setup press exit on remote ,then go in download plugins ect sky skins will be in skins, and all plugins, but double check ur swap n mounts first

hold ya horse everytime i restart i keep getting the blue screen why?
did you actually initialse usb and rebooted device are you getting blue screen when just tyring to install wooshbuild , I think you should realy start from fresh install of openatv

Back