Cant connect to DCC

notaclue

Please help me, I am having a total melt down here, I just cant get my box to connect, the router is connecting, I have tried to change the adapter settings from DHCP to no

used my ip which seems is my dreambox of 10.0.0.1 (new host home on search)

ping 5 ttl 255 (all the rest are 64 ttl)

netmask to 255.255.255.0

gateway to my routers ip address and nothing, I am using homeplugs could that be my problem ??

I also disabled mcafe firewall

Any advice will be very much appreciated as I am about to throw my dreambox through the window 6 hours now and no success

Is there another way to put on a n line without DCC ?

Last edited:
Hi there, I had the same prob with my vu solo box , I was trying to use a null cable direct from my computer! Then I found if you connect wireless through my laptop I was straight in ! So plug your box into the wall connect the internet cable and turn on box ! Start dcc and scan the IP address your box will be the last one on the list ! Then you should be in hope this helps!

Still no luck

I connected my box directly to the router and my laptop directly through a LAN cable, I can find my box on the scan but it still won't connect, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

i would have thought ip might be like 192.168.1.20 as on my vu box and dcc is setup for new box if not used before,wrong ip and it wont connect,network settings should give ip setting.

how i have mine is laptop is wireless box is pluged in to router open dcc up mine is direct crossover see pic press search then look for your
dreambox ip from list double click on it or highlight it then press accept then the reconnect button

DSC_0406.jpg
DSC_0405.jpg

Sorted

how i have mine is laptop is wireless box is pluged in to router open dcc up mine is direct crossover see pic press search then look for your
dreambox ip from list double click on it or highlight it then press accept then the reconnect button

View attachment 11421
View attachment 11422

Thanks for the feedback, the only way I could get them connected was 2 run cables from router to both dm800 and laptop switch everything off then that sorted it

Back