Cant flash H9S no matter what I try

I'm having the exact same issue! I got my new H9 Twin this Wednesday, and nothing seems to work either :( It just boots back into the current one.

Did it come with an image already loaded!! Like openatv 6.1? If so try to install infinity over it then Flash after, or you could try different sticks and different dated images!!

well manged to get the H9T workings after help from provider. Seems you have to the he "bootmenu", and no you don't unzip the image file! I kept getting "invalid image" but then again I was trying a nightly openATV image.

I then tried the flash online via the bootmenu and it worked

Thanks everyone for your help, new USB was the only thing that worked for me. Now my box is crashing when initialising the USB during whooshbuild install, been reading that there is an apparent bug relating to this? Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks again!

Thanks everyone for your help, new USB was the only thing that worked for me. Now my box is crashing when initialising the USB during whooshbuild install, been reading that there is an apparent bug relating to this? Anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks again!
Do not do anything when it tells you to press the ok button, do not touch it, click the red button, and it goes back on the main screen, everytime i try to initialize it it carshes, so do not press the ok , the red on remote..Hope this works for you..

@GG1 do You resolve issue?
I have exact same issue when I try update from ATV 6.2 to 6.3.
edit---------------edit-------------------------edit
Ok, I have OpenATV v6.4 in my Zgemma H9S:)
First I did all the steps from post #9 to install v6.3.
And then I have normally installed version 6.4 via online update.
Thats all!

Last edited:
Hey guys
I have the h9s 2019 version and I can’t flash a newer openatv 6.3 or 6.4 image on to it.
I have tried several usb sticks and also followed post 9...
It has Openatv 6.2 on it currently

Hey guys
I have the h9s 2019 version and I can’t flash a newer openatv 6.3 or 6.4 image on to it.
I have tried several usb sticks and also followed post 9...
It has Openatv 6.2 on it currently

Hello Smokey_jnr,
I have the h92s also, and I still straggle to flash online or through usb. I researched and found this lovely atticle. Though is for another STB brand, it works well with other boxes like my zgemma h92s.
please read: Reflash With Open-ATV From The Terminal - Formuler-Support Forum
NB: your box should already have had some sort of older openatv image for this to work.

Hello Smokey_jnr,
I have the h92s also, and I still straggle to flash online or through usb. I researched and found this lovely atticle. Though is for another STB brand, it works well with other boxes like my zgemma h92s.
please read: Reflash With Open-ATV From The Terminal - Formuler-Support Forum
NB: your box should already have had some sort of older openatv image for this to work.

That's grog's script available from TK:

Flash ATV via command line from the creators GrogBuild FreeRange - Leading the way to simplicity

Hello I did try this already and it had no change, but thank you for the suggestion.

Pull the wire out? I follow the same instructions that linesman66 posted.

No button at the front of mine as I have a H9S, thank you for your suggestion.
the small black reset button u hold ,turn on with white count to 5 n let go of reset few secs later front lcd flashed red n white

Hi Guys

bit late , I had same problem , downloaded this image
openATV Nightly Downloads
choose the last one 20210925 , put it on kingston 14 gb usd , changed noforce to force
like linesman said in post 9 , thank you bud

put in the usb , held in the reset button and turned on , within 30 secs I had the flashing
red light and let go , took another min or so for it to start

now just setting it up , had openspa image on it which I hated
hope this helps anyone else

Mike

Back