cant get zgemma to connect to jtag

Loady

Ok... I have everything in need to perform the jtag.

EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A-56 USB2.0 Develope Board Module Logic Analyzer EEPROM

broadcom broadband studio 3 ,version 3.1.50315.13 which is essentially 3.1

Bcm97358.msi which is run to install it to broadband studio 3

WinbondW25Q32BV.bin which is put in the flashes directory of broadband studio, i did notice that this is a .bin file, all the other files inside folder are .xml files of 1Kb, im guessing this is just a kind of link to point the program where to download that file.

Now, the WinbondW25Q32BV.bin i got was originally named CFE_ZSH1_WinbondW25Q32BV.bin but i removed the front part as it wouldnt show up.

The problem i have is getting broadband studio 3 to connect to the zgemma, im told to plug the cypress board into the usb port on laptop and it should be picked up, i hear the noise windows makes when it picks up the device but it is shown as an unknown device, i did read that you dont need to install drivers for it as they are contained in broadband studio 3, not sure if that is correct or not. I then open broadband studio 3 and got to devices and select Bcm97358 and then to switch on the zgemma at which point it is supposed to change from disconnected to connected, this is where i am stumped, i cant get it to connect so i cant move forward from here.

I am using a windows 10 laptop which is 64bit and noticed that broadband studio is 32bit but that shouldnt be a probelm, i have also tried all of the above on a standard desktop pc running win7, so i am not sure what is causing the problem or what i can try, all the wires are connected properly and correctly. Im really banging my head against the wall now and wondering if the box is past bricked , like properly fekked.

Would really appreciate help from anyone in the know, i have had lots of help thus far from everyone and has got me this far.

Back