Capello Quits As England Football Manager

anto1969

Super Moderator
Staff member
TK Supporter
16166054.jpg
Fabio Capello was appointed England manager in December 2007

England manager Fabio Capello has resigned, the Football Association says.

The Italian coach submitted his resignation during an hour-long meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein and FA general secretary Alex Horne at Wembley Stadium.

The meeting was called to discuss the decision to remove John Terry as England captain after he was charged with racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand.

The FA website said he would leave his post "with immediate effect".

Mr Bernstein said: "I would like to stress that during today’s meeting and throughout his time as England Manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner.

"We have accepted Fabio’s resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future."

source: Sky News

Last edited:
about time an all - should never have got the job, now for an English manager to step forward

Like who Javed, only one I can think of is Harry Redknapp - And I don't know if he would want the hassle associated with the England job, the over - expectation of both fans and press, also, would Her Majesty's Government allow him temporary release for match days lol

Back