Captain Tom Moore to be Knighted

channelking

Good on him and well deserved.

For what he did for the NHS. How much money he raised shows the goodness in this man.

Fair play to him,

Don't agree with knighthoods and peerages outdated and pointless, but at least he's got it for something worthwhile.
Unlike tennis players, cricketers and cyclists and other sports stars who get them at the drop of a hat for winning a couple of matches, tournaments and races.

Just hope nobody dips their hand in the pot, hope it's all used properly.
Captain Tom Moore fund donates £20m to hospital charities
More than £20m raised by Captain Tom Moore has been handed out to NHS charities across the country.

Each charity has been given £35,000 from the £32.8m fund and a second grant based on the size of the trust they serve, said NHS Charities Together
Capt Tom fund hands out £20m to hospital charities

Knighthoods are awarded for service to the Monarch, the church or the country.

Undeniable that he's done a great service for his country at a time when it needed it most so the recognition is well deserved imo. It's shameful that a publicly funded National Health Service has been so starved of funding that it relies on a centurion to hobble around his garden and collect what is essentially a stealth tax in the guise of charitable donations though.

Think a knighthood is a bit over the top myself for walking around your garden but each to their own.
Was a splendid thing to do by the old chap and I agree with the honorary colonel title bestowed upon him as that was more fitting in my opinion.
Agree with you. He'd recently had a hip operation, and was advised by his Physiotherapists that walking was part of his rehabilitation.
It went completely OTT, mostly due to his pushy daughter. However, being ex Service myself, I have a lot of time for the old boy.

Good on him and well deserved.

For what he did for the NHS. How much money he raised shows the goodness in this man.

Fair play to him,
Fair play to him , although as far as I am concerned the "honour" of bestowing knighthood has been so devalued over the years, people like Alan Sugar , Nick Clegg , Ian Duncan Smith etc. The list of undeserved names is pretty endless these days.

Back