Car auctions

Brucey89

Anyone in the motortrade on here. Thinking of coming over from n ireland to buy a car at auction. Is there good deals to be had or not much in it the time you pay fees etc

Some good deals to be had if you know what youre looking for etc not 100% sure about the fees etc if i get time i will look into it etc got a lot on plate at min helping daughter find her first home to buy so you can imagine how stressful its getting lol.
What can of car you looking for anything specific ?

IF you cross to Heysham your nearest decent auction is Preston BCA about 20 mins away, check their website for sales items & days. Brighouse BCA I'd say is the best place in England as for some reason prices are better for the buyer (probably location), same IF you go further North into Scotland better prices, many traders travel South to North to bag the best deals. Register with BCA to view the lots online before sale but only registered motor traders can view/bid while the auction is live.
Fee's are high.... this pushes out a lot of privateers unless you see a motor you really want, modern auctions look to feed the trade more than just move metal imo.

Last edited:
Some good deals to be had if you know what youre looking for etc not 100% sure about the fees etc if i get time i will look into it etc got a lot on plate at min helping daughter find her first home to buy so you can imagine how stressful its getting lol.
What can of car you looking for anything specific ?
Looking at bmw 520d msport tourer. 10-13 plate.

IF you cross to Heysham your nearest decent auction is Preston BCA about 20 mins away, check their website for sales items & days. Brighouse BCA I'd say is the best place in England as for some reason prices are better for the buyer (probably location), same IF you go further North into Scotland better prices, many traders travel South to North to bag the best deals. Register with BCA to view the lots online before sale but only registered traders can view/bid while the auction is live.
Fee's are high.... this pushes out a lot of privateers unless you see a motor you really want, modern auctions look to feed the trade more than just move metal imo.

Whats rough price guide. From what the used dealer would sell it from a private buyer buying straight off auction.

Went to a proceeds of crime auction last year and friend was bidding on a Audi A8 W12 hes always wanted one but was blown out with a last second online bid etc not sure of the name of the place but there was some cracking cars and vans / campers etc.

Went to a proceeds of crime auction last year and friend was bidding on a Audi A8 W12 hes always wanted one but was blown out with a last second online bid etc not sure of the name of the place but there was some cracking cars and vans / campers etc.
Yep, them and customs and excise seized are really good too,
But a lot of them require you to be a registered trader

Looking at bmw 520d msport tourer. 10-13 plate.
Did some work on a old 330d m sport a couple of years ago removing the dreaded swirl flaps etc whoever designed the rods holding them in place needs a bullet and i think the same company did the ones on ford mondy duratec petrol.

Whats rough price guide. From what the used dealer would sell it from a private buyer buying straight off auction.
Best to give BCA Preston a ring as they may have changed, I took a pick of the fee's board last time I went as was shocked how much things had gone up, trader friends tell me it's because the trade don't want to have prices pushed up by 'Joe Blogs' so play hardball with Auction owners over annual turnover & how much they make them. Low-value fees are high, the higher the hammer price the more the fee's come down.

Dont limit yourself to auctions mate, look up dealers in the different areas, or fly somewhere and the the car back by ferry
Been looking into this aswell. Was hust looking to know is there a massuve saving to be had by buying at auctions.

Back