Car Hire Dubai

Morning All,

Has anyone used Thrifty or Dollar for car hire while in Dubai? I am getting the same price from both companies and just want to know who is better to go for?

Thanks

Might be better off asking in the TripAdvisor Dubai forums than here.
As pupuqiop says, go to the tripadvisor forum for Dubai. Everytime I hire a car abroad, which is quite often, I do exactly that. More importantly they give details of hire car companies to avoid due to personal experiences. Also, dont forget to take out a car hire excess insurance policy from UK, its a lot cheaper than doing it locally.

As pupuqiop says, go to the tripadvisor forum for Dubai. Everytime I hire a car abroad, which is quite often, I do exactly that. More importantly they give details of hire car companies to avoid due to personal experiences. Also, dont forget to take out a car hire excess insurance policy from UK, its a lot cheaper than doing it locally.
Thanks mate, will do that. was looking at the excess insurance aswell will defo take that out. appreciate the help :)

Reactions: pdw
PDW - If I take out the car hire excess from the UK would I need to purchase the premium insurance offered by the rental company?

PDW - If I take out the car hire excess from the UK would I need to purchase the premium insurance offered by the rental company?
Hi, this is a personal choice of yours to make. I cannot advise on that. The car hire excess policy only covers the excess on any claim which can be quite high with car hire companies.

Hi, this is a personal choice of yours to make. I cannot advise on that. The car hire excess policy only covers the excess on any claim which can be quite high with car hire companies.
Ok thanks just really unsure this jargon is all confusing

Most important thing is Drive it like ya stole it :emoji_muscle: :ROFLMAO::emoji_muscle::ROFLMAO: but yeah do a bit of research and read reviews on each etc
ahahaha always! yh reviews seem good I just dont get all the insurance stuff some people have said not to take out the premium insurance from the rental company (but take out a separate policy from the UK) others have said do it.

Back