Car Insurance

Do you all know about the changes coming in this weekend about needing to have commuting and not just social, domestic and pleasure cover if you drive to your place of work ?

Drivers warned over change to insurance rules from April 30

This is from the ABI website

Driving to work​

To support drivers who needed to travel to their workplace during lockdown but who previously wouldn’t have used their own vehicle to do so, insurers waived the need for anyone with ‘Social, Domestic and Pleasure’ cover to update or amend their motor insurance policy. Key workers needing to travel between different workplaces also did not need to contact their insurer.

As restrictions change, and travel to workplaces becomes more routine, it will be necessary for drivers to check their insurance cover is appropriate for their needs. You will need to speak with your insurer or broker if there are ongoing changes to your working and driving activities since taking out the policy.

This includes using your own vehicle to commute to work or driving to different locations for work purposes, and will also apply to key workers.

Insurers appreciate this may continue to be a difficult time for some customers and will be ready to discuss insurance cover, including options for those who may be experiencing financial hardship.

Got another question for you guys.

I have bought a 2nd car today, slightly newer and will be good on fuel, im looking to keep my main car and use the 2nd for motorway trips and visiting family and friends, whilst the first is a good city run around. So, how would insurance work with my ncd on first car is of 11 years, however i would like to use this on the 2nd car also, so does anyone know any insurance providers who would be able to mirror my ncd across both cars.

Most insurers only allow no claims on one policy at a time per vehicle etc.
Not 100% sure on new style multi car policies maybe ring a few providers and ask

Admiral have been good in the past for me with multicar discounts

it may be cheaper for you to use the ncd on the new car instead of the current car

Back