Card for 3DS

jimlan

Hi guy's, have ordered, R4i Gold 3DS Card for 3DS XL(LL)/3DS DSiLL DSiXL DSi DSL DS, for my 3DS, does this come flashed, or do I need to do this?, and can I download any ds game to play on the 3DS?.

cheers

Wouldn't have ordered that myself, but however that is a different question, the chances are that it will come preloaded with firmware. Can you download any DS game, yes but none of the 3D games will work, any normal non 3D game should work.
In case you are wondering, I would have gone for an Acekard 2i, why, because it is supported everytime there is an update from Nintendo. the R4's are all cloned cards and not supported.

Nintendo release updates every so often, and you accept them when you are using the internet on the DS console. They say they are for making their system better, but generally they are only for stopping the cards working

Ok, cheers, not going to use it for net, my console is 3.0.0.6E software, so do I just keep it as is, and when my card comes, look for a download for that card, and software?.

cheers

Hi, don't think it is pr-loaded, went to r4i site, can you tell me if this is the right download?.

WOOD R4 V1.56 Released. (2012-12-25)

WOOD R4 V1.56 Released,please download for your R4i GOLD card (for Both R4i Gold 3DS and R4i gold Non-3DS cards).
Latest Version:V1.56 Updated Date:[Dec.25th,2012]

cheers

Last edited:
If you have received the card, there will be a web address printed on the card, that is where to go for the firmware. There are so many clones and versions of the R4, that ~I wouldn't even guess which firmware is the correct one.
download the latest one from the site printed on the card, put it on the R4, if it doesn't work, try another, then another, you can't do any damage, it is the right one, or it is not.
what makes you think that it is not pre-loaded???

I had e-mailed them before hand, and they said no, did not want to put it in my 3ds, just in case it did it harm, but will put it in now, and see, before I do anything else, will let you know, thanks for your help.

cheers

If it is coming with an SD card, then the likelihood is it will have the firmware on. when it arrives, we'll worry about it. just shout then

Hi, I had to add firmware, the one above, and I downloaded a game to try, works great, so thanks again, would I be able to play 3ds games, like, New Super Mario Bros: 2 (Nintendo 3DS), ? I assume they would not be 3D, but would they play as 2D?.

cheers

Hi, with an emulator, can u download, old nes games, like Mario, 1 2 3?, and if so, do they work OK?.

cheers

To play on your pc??? I used to have one to check the quality of the DS roms before i put them on cards, got bored, wasn't very user friendly. I suppose, like everything else it can be done, havent done it myself

anyone know of decent sites where I can download DS games? have tried a few previously from TK posts but no good... also where would you recommend buying an Acekard?

Back