Cardle blasts Cowell over X Factor

noelyf

VIP Member
Tuesday 16 November 2010

X Factor favourite Matt Cardle has reportedly accused Simon Cowell of treating talented finalists as "expendable" in an attempt to keep viewing figures high.

0003c510-314.jpg

Cardle - Blasts about Simon Cowell's decision

According to the Daily Mail the singer claimed Cowell saved controversial Katie Waissel over early favourite Aiden Grimshaw because she is "better for the show", not because she is a better performer.

Cardle, 27, said: "In terms of the television show, Aiden was expendable. I was shocked when Simon sent him home, but then Katie is better for the show than Aiden is.

"She gets the coverage - she gets the show attention. He just isn't like that but he is a much better singer.

"It is like losing a brother. When it went to Katie and Aiden in the bottom two, I didn't think he would go. Even when it went to deadlock, I thought he would stay."

Grimshaw, from Blackpool, left the competition on Sunday night after ending up alongside Katie in the bottom two.

When the judges were given the chance to save their preferred contestant, Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh nominated Aiden, while Cheryl Cole and Cowell opted for Katie.

The tie meant the decision went to 'deadlock', where the public vote decides the contestants' fate. Aiden had polled the lowest number and left the competition.

Grimshaw, 18, said: "It is an entertainment show - but I can't see where the entertainment is coming from [with Katie] as she is not doing that well.

"I think it should be more about singing from now on."

Back