Casting screen from win10 PC to new TV

mhmm76

hi all

i bought a new tv (my first smart tv)
a samsung, all is fine except im having issues with casting my desktop to the TV

i have two monitors for my PC and last night i just happened to click cast and was able to use the TV as a 3rd monitor. I was able to drag and drop files browsers etc from one screen to another no hassle.

Today i tried same thing and it just wont do it. I have been googling all evening i have no idea what i ticked and un-ticked so actually reset PC to factory defaults only took 45 mins (SSD) and tried again to no avail.

Anyone had this issue before ? any info appreciated.

thanks

it shouldn't have but saying that i rebooted everything so it may have changed in that time.

I have made it a static entry now so should always have the same LAN IP

if it did change what would be the steps i need to do to fix it?

the TV itself including PC and router etc are all wired connections, only thing i use wifi for in the home is a laptop and a couple mobile devices. Its only the PC i will be sharing with the TV.

i reset tv and it appeared again. i lost my apps tho i.e netflex and plex , which will be a hassle if i have to do that daily. hopefully i dont! :grin:

same thing has happened again
i have reset TV but not working this time
IP of tv remains same as i have MAC stickied it on my router.

samsung UE0NU7020 50 inch is the TV i got if it makes troubleshootng easier
also cant link a pair of bluetooth/wireless headphones to it. :(

Yes i can do a full reset and a network reset, this time i did both , meaning i have to enter samsung ID netflix ID etc like a clean install so to speak.

Still not working now tho, so bluetooth not included i will have to use a wireless router maybe to connect headphones?

In a pc that has no bluetooth one can add a micro usb stick for bluetooth,unsure if it would work on tv?

PC has bluetooth built in.
im not sure why it works randomly with the tv then wont work when no changes have been made.

Back