Ccam showing offline

Hi, a struggling newbie in dire need of help here. I ordered an Openbov V8S last week and it arrived yesterday. I ordered a 'gift' and followed all of the setup instructions that came with said gift but for some reason I cannot get it to work, it just says 'offline' in the 'Manage CCcam.cfg'
The box is wired directly into my router with an Ethernet cable and I have tried rebooting both my box and router. I have read a few bits and bobs of the forums and some state that when using BT as your provider 'smart setup' can sometimes stop the boxes from working so I have turned this off and still nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced - the struggling newbie :)

Was the gift from ebay ?
Mate had a similar problem his said offline too and the seller had done a runner.
I would contact whoever sold the gift as it should say online.

If you press Menu > network local setting > upgrade by network > connect. If it connects and you get another menu then your internet is fine and I'd be looking at you line/gift. If you get a http error message it's your internet.

Was the gift from ebay ?
Mate had a similar problem his said offline too and the seller had done a runner.
I would contact whoever sold the gift as it should say online.
The gift was from ebay yeah (although after reading stuff on here I shouldn't have bought from there) but I have contacted the seller and he said all is fine his end and I must sort it out my end

If you press Menu > network local setting > upgrade by network > connect. If it connects and you get another menu then your internet is fine and I'd be looking at you line/gift. If you get a http error message it's your internet.
When I do this I get a list on the left with 'firmware' 'key' 'tp prog' 'others' and 'unknown' Does this mean I am connected?

When I do this I get a list on the left with 'firmware' 'key' 'tp prog' 'others' and 'unknown' Does this mean I am connected?

Yes. No internet issues. It's either a dodgy line or, you've entered it wrong perhaps.

If you entered it manually, try it on a USB stick instead. Or, vice versa.

It says 1 C:Server then my user and pass from the gift then offline with green tick next to it

Try a test line and that will show if you have a provider issue, as you've bought from ebay I would contact the seller and tell them your having issues. Ask for a refund and get yourself a connection from here by posting on the relevant thread. You'll get what you pay for I'm afraid to say!

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I've just received an email from the gift provider saying that the host name that they sent was wrong!! Fuming as I've spent hours trying to get it working. Never mind, at least it's on now. Thanks again all!

Back