Cccam finally got it working on H9S via Grogbox

acecarrot

Having bought a c-line for my H9S and reflashing to OpenATV 6.3 running Wooshbulid infinity and adding the softcam pulgin using the openweb terminal, when it came to adding the my new cline in via FileZilla (etc, Cccam folder) copy and pasted the c-line in and saved it, then restarting the softcam Cccam plugin at the box. My channels were still not working.
Having watched alot of YouTube videos and reading through the forums here, I dont know why my c-ling wasn't working.
Having read here how many others have had problems adding cccam lines on OpenATV6.3 I decided to reflash the box again and run Grogbulid as it comes with the add a line plugin.
I was able to add my new Cccam c-line via the box remote control but annoyingly this still didnt get my channels working...
Its only when I went back on FileZilla (etc,Cccam) and looked at the new Cccam folder the Grogbulid had created via the add a line plugin, that I noticed the plugin had by default added my C-line as an N: line. FileZilla allowed me to edit the saved line details to start C:
Went back to the box and restarted the Softcam Cccam and my channels instantly started working.
Aot of messing about but got there in the end. I just dont understand why pasting the C-line in the Cccam folder didn't work on either Wooshbulid or Grogbulid.

uploading the Cccam.cfg file via ftp should work, one issue may have been capitalization of the file name, windows ignore capitalisation, the box (linux) doesn't so if it was named Cccam.cfg or CCCam.cfg etc the box would not recognise it.

I am sorry the plugin created it as an N line, this is my oversite and will look at fixing it, It means I would need to add another option to the plugin so users can select C line or N line.

uploading the Cccam.cfg file via ftp should work, one issue may have been capitalization of the file name, windows ignore capitalisation, the box (linux) doesn't so if it was named Cccam.cfg or CCCam.cfg etc the box would not recognise it.

I am sorry the plugin created it as an N line, this is my oversite and will look at fixing it, It means I would need to add another option to the plugin so users can select C line or N line.
Hey there grog68, no apology needed, I'm very much enjoying the Grogbulid set up, its really refreshed my viewing experience with the new look skins and fetchers, the epg, option and menus are clear nicely set out.
Running in to the problems I did, gave me a chance to gain some experience and furthers my knowledge for next time, as im still very much a novice.
Only thought Id mention it as may help someone else.
Thanks again

Back