CCCam or IPTV -Advice please (I'm a a newbie)

Kelhaggagi

My wife is a big F1 fan, I recently installed a satellite to pick up german TV (mainly RTL that shows all F1 races free but in german). I am trying to find a cheap way to get live F1 in english. Having bought a zgemma H2s I have come across the joy of being able to use CCCam too, unfortunately with the test I had this only worked for BT sports etc but not sky. After research this seems to be a common problem. I was therefore thinking about using IPTV to get Sky F1 but looking at this forum it seems SKY is blocking this too.

Therefore my question is this, am I best to use RTL as originally planned (but with Radio 5 playing for english commentary) or is there a way to get either CCCam or IPTV to work - Is there a preference between the two? is one more reliable than the other.

Many thanks in advance.
(P.s. I have been reading through posts in forums and I am simply confused as what does and doesn't work).

Does the german sky sports channels not have a F1 channel on race days, with the option to change audio to english, I have been able to do this with the golf on german sky every time theres been a big golf tournament on, havent checked myself before for F1 though.

Excellent suggestion. I am surprised that sky sports 1 worked (not the HD channel) but I couldn't find a sky F1 in germany (although after google it seems there should be one).

There is F1 in Spanish on 19e,
But, as above, I'm fairly sure you can also get it on German sky with English audio.

thanks for your help on this, I have done a rescan and not got anything extra. I will do a scan closer to next weekend when the F1 season starts just in case.

thanks for your help on this, I have done a rescan and not got anything extra. I will do a scan closer to next weekend when the F1 season starts just in case.
Yeah, better to check then as the race may well just be on one of their main sky sports channels anyway, if it is then you may be able to change the audio settings.

Just to update, nearer the weekend I managed to get the F1 channels from sky Germany and Movistar but unfortunately neither seem to have an english audio stream. I used RTL on mute with Radio 5 live playing but there was a lag with R5L being 20-30s behind. So doable but not great.

sky germay should have an english audio channel, Movistar F1 doesnt, but, it should have a stadium noise available,
TBH, do you really need commentary,? you can see the leaderboard on the screen.

EDIT : are you watching sky german F1 via IPTV or using 19e sat.? the iptv may not have the choice of english audio

My wife is a big F1 fan, I recently installed a satellite to pick up german TV (mainly RTL that shows all F1 races free but in german). I am trying to find a cheap way to get live F1 in english. Having bought a zgemma H2s I have come across the joy of being able to use CCCam too, unfortunately with the test I had this only worked for BT sports etc but not sky. After research this seems to be a common problem. I was therefore thinking about using IPTV to get Sky F1 but looking at this forum it seems SKY is blocking this too.

Therefore my question is this, am I best to use RTL as originally planned (but with Radio 5 playing for english commentary) or is there a way to get either CCCam or IPTV to work - Is there a preference between the two? is one more reliable than the other.

Many thanks in advance.
(P.s. I have been reading through posts in forums and I am simply confused as what does and doesn't work).

You could sync your TV up with the live radio broadcast. I do it for football, darts too

Just to update, nearer the weekend I managed to get the F1 channels from sky Germany and Movistar but unfortunately neither seem to have an english audio stream. I used RTL on mute with Radio 5 live playing but there was a lag with R5L being 20-30s behind. So doable but not great.

Use time shift to sync the radio

are you in a cabled area? if so you could get a cheap cable box and that can get sky f1

Back