Cctv and police

Maybe its just me but I have the ring spotlight cam and generally find the quality of the camera to be average even during the day time.

Maybe because its a bit far from the router which may be the issue.

The motion detection on them can be hit and miss and have to get the sweet spot otherwise you get motion detections every few minutes which is a ball ache.

Do agree the alarm siren feature on the app is very handy for situations lol.

There decent cameras tbh but wouldnt get them again personally. Got them new of my mate dirt cheap at the time so was worth it then.
Mines spot on mate tbf, but my router is very very good, i had a different router a while back but my new one is really good and the rssi signal is so much better on the ring cameras now

Ye dont use third party router just the VM one tbh mate.

Only thing bugs me have to keep charging the batteries as does drain alot.
Mines all hard wired to a box in the garage mate, cba with the batteries.

Invest in a new router you won't regret it

Mines all hard wired to a box in the garage mate, cba with the batteries.

Invest in a new router you won't regret it

Ye at the time hard wired was too expensive managed to get the battery version for a bargain.

Understand most have third party routers due to able to add VPN, better wifi and other features but even though VM one is limited dont have issues with wifi or drop connections and generally works fine.

Personally for me I dont see point of a third party router but thats just my opinion regarding that.

Recently installed cctv to my old mans house to watch his garden and car which sits on the road.
Its only 1 camera. He had a visit today from a detective asking what the camera covers and could he see the set up. Didnt say why but that they were out checking for new cctv locations.
Is this normal practise in northern ireland?
The Police rely on people's ignorance. You have no legal obligation to answer any of their questions, nor give them any of your details. Filming in public is perfectly legal & you can film anything you can see from public property, likewise from your own private property.

We had a ring doorbell and had to replace it after 10 months as it stopped working after some heavy rain, got replacement and after a year that started playing up, also found the server was slow to send notifications to the app.

I threw it out in the end and got a nest doorbell, much better video and notifications, then got a non branded, generic chinese wifi cam which is just pointed at driveway and works a treat. can set it to follow people which is great but it doesn't then return to default position so now just have it in fixed position.

We had a ring doorbell and had to replace it after 10 months as it stopped working after some heavy rain, got replacement and after a year that started playing up, also found the server was slow to send notifications to the app.

I threw it out in the end and got a nest doorbell, much better video and notifications, then got a non branded, generic chinese wifi cam which is just pointed at driveway and works a treat. can set it to follow people which is great but it doesn't then return to default position so now just have it in fixed position.

Ye mates got nest seen it and quality of the video in day time and night time is brilliant.

Puts my ring cameras to shame lol

I had some hikvision bullets up had to replace both letwater in after about 6 month, definitely copies I got them off TurdBay

sometimes they will also ask to see the coverage if a neighbour has complained that it "looks" like it is pointing onto their property
when I installed them I used to tell customers to show the neighbours on their phone/tablet what it captured and ask if they were happy with it,
occassionally had a neighbour asking for a camera to be moved to cover more of their property if possible
The only guidance (not law) is that you respect your neighbours privacy. He may have grounds for civil action if the line of sight is overtly positioned towards his property rather than on exits/entrances to your property. From a public area, anyone can film/record what they wish & without requiring permission from anyone....they are also free to post the footage on social media or keep it as long as they choose. Businesses that install cctv equipment for the purpose of crime prevention & where the required position of the cameras, incidentally, covers private property or areas where the public access, then a license is required (but not with the force of law behind it, as yet) from the ICO.

The app is problematic at times mate, always updates to it, only think that let's it down when it's bad but they are normally quick to fix

I've an alarm system setup but may consider cctv but looking at moving so would be after I've moved @Obi wan bissaka what you've done with your ring system have you it all on its own electrical circuit or have I meis read bud as may look into it

I've an alarm system setup but may consider cctv but looking at moving so would be after I've moved @Obi wan bissaka what you've done with your ring system have you it all on its own electrical circuit or have I meis read bud as may look into it
Yeah mate so there's a box been put into the garage which has an isolation switch on. And it's connected via that

Back