CeX (UK) - Awaiting Dispatch?!

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
My laziness and wanting to get the best bargains has now left me in a mess. lol

There is a CeX (Computer Exchange) store in the city centre, but being the lazy ass that I can be at times, I thought let me try and order from there website. So I ordered GTA 4 for PS3 (think it was around £10). Paid via PayPal, they recieved the payment, and on there website, promise that all deliveries will be dispatched within 24 hours of paying for them. I ordered on a Sunday, i know its not a working day, so thought i'd wait for Monday to go buy, and yet my item has not been dispatched, can still see the "Awaiting Dispatch" in my order on the website.

Then thought I'd have a quick Google to see what there customer service is like, and found a whole thread on how cr*p it is, and people waiting for several days or even weeks before there order was dispatched!

So i sent a rather strict message back and I hope they get my message, otherwise i'd be visiting the store, and will refuse to leave until I get the main warehouses phone number!

Lesson #1: If the store is around the corner, get your friggin ass up and go!

Lesson #2: Check out the reputation of a new website that your ordering from to see if its a good idea.

Oh yeah, I said I would also write a letter to trading standards! Hell Yeah..!!yeehaa

Going to email them something different tomorrow, and then the day after that. ;)

Update:

So i get the following email after 3 days:

Thank you for contacting Cex.

Unfortunately, Im unable to pull up your item details with the order number provided.

If you can help me with the tracking number or your membership id, it will be helpful.

Really? So this means i'm going to have to wait yet another 3 days for me to get any useful information whatsoever?

How does this guy expect me to give him a tracking number when its been f*cking stuck on the "Awaiting Dispatch" crap for 3 days, it's not been dispatched yet so how the hell can I have a tracking number!

Honestly, avoid CeX when ordering online! They're totally useless! I've the nerve to reak havoc in their local store!! :attention:

Update: [again]:

They have finally shipped it! My ranting has paid off!!

They prioritized my order so it could go off as soon as possible, now just hope Royal Mail do a good job in getting it here on time. :)

Last edited:
Just recieved my game, that was suprising, glad i did something about it! Now i've got a whole day of GTA to look forward too, well my new HP laptop is coming too so its quite a week. :)

persistance pays off, thanks for the heads-up i will stay away from them even though i dont use them lol

glad to see you have your game Dan, enjoy (y)

we have a branch of them in my area. didnt know they had an online site, so think if i need anything id rather walk the 10 mins than try and order so thanks for the heads up dan and glad you got your game :)

i was going to say if you was going to cause havoc in the store, you should have got someone to film it lol

just kidding LOL

That wont be necessary now, Royal Mail have done a great job in getting it here for me, I actually seen the game being posted through the post and I ran to the door, as soon as I seen the packet with my name on it I was jumping with joy!

The game is awesome.. :) I would've played longer but my new laptop arrived as well so it was distracting to not use it..! :)

Ah yeah, I wouldn't recommend buying it from there site, I dont know what they are playing at with there websites advertising, i'm glad they took me seriously. The funny thing is I sent so many emails complaining, i'm now getting replies one by one when i've now got the game, oh boy... lol

on Dan your as bad as me when it comes to being impatient lol! now all you gotta do is block their email addy
enjoy both game and lappy :)

It was a pleasure cancelling my account through there site as I no longer wish to trade and sell with them. I also cancelled my dispute in PayPal now that i've got the game. The funny thing is, i've not been charged yet, oh boy, what have I done now, have i just hustled them? lol ROFL

SSSSSHHHHHHH Dan keep it quiet lol

free game eh? not bad at all, i dont think they will charge you, seeing as you mentioned trading standards LOL

Dan something similar happened to me with paypal. I paid someone but they never claimed it, i did eventually receive my item but the co. never claimed the money and after 30 days i got an auto refund from paypal lol! They must have lost a lot of dosh!

i've had that happen to me a few times Linny, was not big money though :) but hey was free end of the day :) :happy:

Dan something similar happened to me with paypal. I paid someone but they never claimed it, i did eventually receive my item but the co. never claimed the money and after 30 days i got an auto refund from paypal lol! They must have lost a lot of dosh!

I'd honestly not be suprised at all with the lack of customer service they had to offer, i think nobody is hardly there to run the website. Either way my order has arrived, and the funds went and came back again? lmao if the money doesn't go out of my bank by Monday, i'll assume that i've just recieved a free game. Think i'll use it to invest in a new laptop bag or something.. :grin:

Good times. ;)

Back