Change host name on ZGemma H2H

Brazilian

Is there anyway to change the hostname on a zgemma h2h, mines showing as a Zgemma H2S on my router. Its probably part of the image so anyone know what file i need to be looking for to change it?

I ask because if I can see it as that hostname then so can vermin....like to stay away from caged bars if you know what I mean!

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ----------

Its OK I missed this thread earlier when I was searching, haven't tried it yet but if anyone else is interested then heres a link:

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/72806-can-zgemma-name-listed-router-change.html

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 PM ----------

Or you can edit the hostname file with notepad and change it to any name you want, just done that rebooted the box and now showing as netgear :woohoo:

yes you can m8

menu
setup
system
network
mounts setup
mount manager
change hostname

change it to what ever you want

hope this helps

---------- Post Merged on 27-12-2016 at 12:06 AM ----------

once changed hostname reboot your router and zgemma h.2h

this does work ive done mine ok on virmin

If you do an ip scan though you will see the original name shows still. It stems from an identifier in the Mac addresses.

If you do an ip scan though you will see the original name shows still. It stems from an identifier in the Mac addresses.

ive logged into my router and it shows the name i changed it to ??
ran Advanced IP Scanner and it shows the name i changed it to in that programme ??

Was trying to change name of zgemma h2h - I couldn't see how to 'Delete' the existing name? Either i'm blind or being very stupid. There is no DEL option on the on-screen keyboard that is displayed?

either have a look in posts its some were on here are put metrix skin back on and you should have the old keyboard then after changing name revert back to skin you have try holding ok down to delete not sure

Back