Changing boxes

woodyboy

Hi i seem to be very lost in all of this. Yes i have missing channels i guess its the end. I have an i cloud 2 box had it for years worked great had my money out of it cant complain. Struggling to understand all of the jargon but it seems getting this iptv thing is the way forward. Dont really know where 2 start. Do i buy a box get lines need a dish kinda confused any help or advice or point me in right direction would be appreciated thanks.

Basically, you have two options. If you live in a virgin area and have a live virgin connection you could buy a box with a cable tuner and purchase a cable subscription.
If you don't live in a virgin area you can buy an IPTV box, i'd recommend the mag254 and a decent iptv subscription.
All you need for the latter is a decent internet connection.

I tried reading the other threads just felt i was getting more confused.Thanks for help some of you i live and have a paid cable subscription with this type of box is it just the same deal get a line ftp it in and im away thanks again

I tried reading the other threads just felt i was getting more confused.Thanks for help some of you i live and have a paid cable subscription with this type of box is it just the same deal get a line ftp it in and im away thanks again

yes mate, as long as the box has a cable tuner. you just connect a splitter onto the cable coming from the wall outlet. Connect two cables to the other side of the splitter, connect those to your superhub and box. Add a line and you're good as gold.

yes mate, as long as the box has a cable tuner. you just connect a splitter onto the cable coming from the wall outlet. Connect two cables to the other side of the splitter, connect those to your superhub and box. Add a line and you're good as gold.

Thanks mate al do a we bit of digging and find out where to buy one and that cheers for help guys

That means you can use both the virgin box and the other box, with the splitter?

What are the names of these boxes? Thanks

If you are simply wanting a Single Tuner Cable box with the option to have IPTV running too - Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable Price: £89.00
Twin Cable Box, Record x2 etc etc - Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS - Price: £138.00
Cheaper Style Box -Zgemma H2H Price: £79.00

Would go for the Edision OS MINI if u r not fussed about recording x2
Wanna record - Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got delivery of the new ZGemma H5.2TC has 2 x DVB-C but takes only one cable, so will be testing it out this evening. for £110 pounds cant go wrong.

I also have the Edison OS Mini DVBC box and been using cable for few weeks cant cant fault it at all.

Hi all
I have VM cable line but only for broadband. Is that good enough? It directly goes to the router. Can I use that cable? How do I do that? Using a splitter? Also, does this cable needs to go where we used to insert the dish cable? Do I only need a different C or N line after that and just play? Any help will be really appreciated? Sorry if all this has already been posted somewhere. Please guide me in the right direction if that is the case.
Thanks in advance

Hi all
I have VM cable line but only for broadband. Is that good enough? It directly goes to the router. Can I use that cable? How do I do that? Using a splitter? Also, does this cable needs to go where we used to insert the dish cable? Do I only need a different C or N line after that and just play? Any help will be really appreciated? Sorry if all this has already been posted somewhere. Please guide me in the right direction if that is the case.
Thanks in advance

you will need to buy a box that has a DVB-C Tuner (C being cable) and you will need another n or c line.

Just so I understand this correctly:
current Sly boxes are now useless?
To get back on the case you need to either buy an IPTV capable box or a VM box with a live VM connection?
ALSO for the VM route you have to find a way to actually have the cable in the room you want to watch the tv in?

Hi i seem to be very lost in all of this. Yes i have missing channels i guess its the end. I have an i cloud 2 box had it for years worked great had my money out of it cant complain. Struggling to understand all of the jargon but it seems getting this iptv thing is the way forward. Dont really know where 2 start. Do i buy a box get lines need a dish kinda confused any help or advice or point me in right direction would be appreciated thanks.
Not dish . Just Internet . And pick your weapon of choice either mag or enigma 2 box or smart tv .
When you choose your device then check how to add the subscription to the device cos there all unique.
Either way it's no ore complicated than cs .
Plenty of help on this forum if you look for it

So, as there is no other option, I am looking at these boxes. What do you guys advise? Shall I go for a better more expensive box with more options or not go for the expensive one as this could go down soon too?

So, as there is no other option, I am looking at these boxes. What do you guys advise? Shall I go for a better more expensive box with more options or not go for the expensive one as this could go down soon too?
If you have the cash and want ch lists and epg go for a zgemma etc

Hold onto yer v8s, it is only the HD channels that are blocked as hd is ip traceable.
There is a guy on ebay already adding the SD versions to his channel lists.
But all the channels are already gone. Is there anything to bring them back?

Hi hope everyone is well... I just want to clarify something... To run a virgin box does there need to be an active tv subscrition with them? Or if they have active internet connection with them is that ok? If they have neither but have an old cable will that still work? Thanks in advance

hi m8 how do you go on if your router is upstairs and your box is downstairs?would i need to use TP links?

Back