Changing broadband provider

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I signed up my father in law last night with shell for his broadband and home phone. After reading the shocking reviews i have swapped and signed up with plusnet and paid the 1st month deposit. What happens to the shell one does in automatically get cancelled or do i need to phone them.

I signed up my father in law last night with shell for his broadband and home phone. After reading the shocking reviews i have swapped and signed up with plusnet and paid the 1st month deposit. What happens to the shell one does in automatically get cancelled or do i need to phone them.
Phone them and cancel,
I signed up with them before realising that they couldn't give me full FTTP, and only BT could,
It was no hassle cancelling tbh,

Phone them and cancel,
I signed up with them before realising that they couldn't give me full FTTP, and only BT could,
It was no hassle cancelling tbh,
I signed up with 2 providers technically so which would would be the new provider if you just left it ? I will cancel over the phone but surely if they are not yet your current provider you can just swap.

If you've signed up with both neither will know about the other and will possibly both try to switch the bb and phone to their service on changeover day which could cause a headache for you to sort out further down the line.

If you have paid 1st month with plusnet then you are with them
also
you have 14 days to cancel a new contract so if you are within the 14days then no worrys m8

You just ring shell and tell them you’ve changed your mind and want to cancel as celtic has mentioned by law you have a 14 cooling period to change your mind/cancel.
which your cooling down period is your go live period 14 days bud.
Shell plus net ee sly talk talk are all rented linesoff open reach if you cancel within the 14days you won’t get charged but if you leave it and plusnet takes over you run the risk of having early termination fees to pay with shell as it won’t be classed as a cancellation it will be classed as a take over of the line and have a final bill to pay to shell

Sister is in process of leaving virgin, contacted TalkTalk
150mb
Sagemcom 5364 Router
Free installation Engineer needs access to property
No administration fees even though it says one off payment of £60.00
18 month contract.
£22.00 month .

Attachments

• 20210812_185643.jpg
    20210812_185643.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 23
Definitely ring Shell to confirm the cancellation otherwise you could end up in a costly mess, especially if it is a new line.

i
Sister is in process of leaving virgin, contacted TalkTalk
150mb
Sagemcom 5364 Router
Free installation Engineer needs access to property
No administration fees even though it says one off payment of £60.00
18 month contract.
£22.00 month .
ive just had 18 months with plusnet after previously being with virgin for years. no problems very helpful using their forum etc. i got 80mbit and any time calls 34.99. however i have moved to talk talk gfast and am getting 330 down 50 up. they promise 250 but you get the maximum. this comes in on normal phone line and you have to be pretty close to the green box its great. plus free calls im paying 40 quid. its called fibre 250 and comes with anytime calls. they seem really cheap. no line rental

Back