Cable changing channels between sat and cable

swampy47

how do you guys change between sat and cable channels with the remote

I've set up the sat and its running good working epg and today I hooked up my cable, I scanned and got the channels but when switching over to the cable channels I have to go into the tv guide and press green button to change transponder to cable then I get the cable side channels but when I press the epg it loads up the sat channels again,

the cable channels are not all organized like the sat channels are. There in alphabetical order and when I press the epg button on the remote it goes back to the sat epg and channel order, i must be doing it wrong :whacko:

Just need a little advise help how you guys do it :)

Ps I haven't got a sub for cable yet just the fta channels but its scanned and loaded all the channels for cable about 500+ channels ....I'm just trying to find my way around
the box is running Vix Apollo 153 sucmnsee Backup (great image!)

edit
I just found fusions post on "setting up the channel list for cable/sly and now have all them all under epg:)
What I'd like is a smaller epg list guide like it was before with sat setup epg, but with the old sd channels gone using the hd cable channels that they can replace ! if you get what I mean! no sly sd channels them be replaced with cable hd ones .....then its nice small epg and quick to use ...I sort it out later if I can!
but I'm getting there whoohoo! Zgemma-Star H1 Setting up channel list sly/cable

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/66718-zgemma-star-h1-setting-up-channel-list-sly-cable.html

Last edited:
I think what ur after ud have to stop nightly update of channels.
manually move each channel u want into where u want it.

Seems like a hell of a lot of work.

If vm has all the hd is it not easier to set it to ur top in provider order and just go to sat when needed?

---------- Post Merged at 02:26 AM ----------

(What im talking about is moving by remote. Others have mentioned in other threads channel lists and the programs to create them. Maybe look into that?)

its not too bad now ....I'm getting used to it :nerd: dont mind it now the way its layed out
in epg "choose bouquet" part I have the virgin hd channels all together so I just press that and have all hd channels under one list , its good

thanks sucmnsee

Back