changing over to a shield pro from a mag 256

Timothy

Hi folks

I have just received a shield pro and I bought a 1 year IPTV sub a few weeks ago and that is on my mag box, I emailed my provider asking for help to switch my sub over from my mag box onto my shield. His reply was " You can't transfer mag connection to another device... As its locked to the mac address. "

Do I have to fork out for another years sub just because I bought a new device?

Firstly a sub can be transferred, either your provider does not know how to do it on the panel he/she is using or whoever they buy from doesn't do it because they simply can't be arsed.

Whilst in my opinion it's not the greatest app you can download STB Emulator and edit the MAC to match that of your original MAG, enter the portal URL and use that. Not the ideal option given that there are much better apps out there. You could also try a MAC to M3U converter but I have no experience of this I'm afraid.

I personally don't believe you should have to but you could try offering an admin fee of £5 or something for the hassle.

You can try and get the login details yourself using mag to m3u. Which will give you a username and password.

Firstly a sub can be transferred, either your provider does not know how to do it on the panel he/she is using or whoever they buy from doesn't do it because they simply can't be arsed.

Whilst in my opinion it's not the greatest app you can download STB Emulator and edit the MAC to match that of your original MAG, enter the portal URL and use that. Not the ideal option given that there are much better apps out there. You could also try a MAC to M3U converter but I have no experience of this I'm afraid.

I personally don't believe you should have to but you could try offering an admin fee of £5 or something for the hassle.
Thanks you for your reply

I would guess it's the "I cant be arsed" and I want you to buy another years sub from me approach to this.

I've emailed him again but he's gone quite.

There are better apps in my opinion but you basically need to create the below with your details. There are some Youtube videos on what to do with the below information was you've added your info

M3U
http://PROVIDER PORTAL URL/get.php?username=YOUR USERNAME&password=YOUR PASSWORD &type=m3u_plus&output=ts

EPG
http://PROVIDER PORTAL URL/xmltv.php?username=YOUR USERNAME&password=YOUR PASSWORD

I tried tivimate it was ok but went back to my trusty x3m and pay a couple of quid a year for xeev editor to tidy things up

do i need to enter both m3u and epg addresses in order for this to work, ive entered the first address in that format and ive checked it over several times and it is in the correct format but i get an error message

you can download STB Emulator and edit the MAC to match that of your original MAG, enter the portal URL and use that.

Sorry to cut this but IMO - best this is the option if your supplier isnt playing ball. added benefit of you being able to use the mag in another room as long as STB is not running on the shield.

I'm led to believe the mag>m3u is not reliable.

Sorry to cut this but IMO - best this is the option if your supplier isnt playing ball. added benefit of you being able to use the mag in another room as long as STB is not running on the shield.

I'm led to believe the mag>m3u is not reliable.

OP has the details required now

I kept getting error messages when entering the url.... i was ready to fire the box out the window at 1 stage.
thanks tho
Now that you have that info you can use loads of apps.

IMPlayer is really good as it puts movies and favourites on to your main home screen like Google and Netflix does by default

Back