Channels not clearing

skinner05

I did post on an existing thread earlier in the week but it's a slightly different issue now so hope starting a new thread isn't an issue

I have two VM lines from the same provider, one at my house and one at my brothers. Mine is working perfectly but he is having issues. Only a few channels are clearing (couple of sky sports) but nearly all other sports channels, movies etc are not. He says it isn't like the usual non clearing where it stays blank, it's like a fizzy screen. I don't think it is anything to do with the provider given he's getting a couple of channels (plus mine being spot on) so assuming it is something to do with his internet not unscrambling the channels properly

The issues started the same day VM upgraded his speed to 100mbps but I've no idea what settings this could have affected. When he runs the softcam panel, his speed shows as 583msec whereas mine is 3300msec, what does this speed relate to and can it be linked to how well channels clear?

He's tried resetting everything, left the router unplugged the whole of last night and plugged everything back in this morning and still the same. He did say that the IPTV line we pay for is also not working too great so again it looks like it could be internet connection related. Any ideas on tests/checks that can be run or certain settings to check for in the router which could be causing a problem? He's already checked the child safe and virus safe are turned off.

Thanks

On the bottom of his router there's a settings password, use this to log in to the router.
open a browser, type in 198.162.0.1 and click enter
put the password in when prompted

go to advnced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

copy and paste data here for all 24 channels
it sounds like his power levels are too high or too low

On the bottom of his router there's a settings password, use this to log in to the router.
open a browser, type in 198.162.0.1 and click enter
put the password in when prompted

go to advnced settings
tools>network status> click on downstream tab

copy and paste data here for all 24 channels
it sounds like his power levels are too high or too low
Cheers, just waiting for him to send the results through and then I'll post them here

there's nothing wrong with those values, he must have a bad connection to his box.
If he's using cables or splitters bought from ebay, then these are probably the cause, proper cables required and either Tratec/Technetix splitter or failing that, a Labgear one from Screwfix

Didn't want to start a separate thread so hope OK to post here

I am.not getting btsports1 HD or SD

Other channels playing up too. So sky premier will work but thriller won't etc.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

Thanks

Sounds like signal issues with certain transponders failing,read pablos post 6 here just above your post

I'm getting the same issues as StringerBell.

Of the SS HD channels, I have the following not clearing:

• SS MainEvent HD not clearing
  • SS Football HD
  • SS Cricket HD
  • SS Golf HD
  • SS F1 HD
  • SS Action HD

The Following ARE clearing
  • SSPL HD
  • SS Darts HD
  • SS News HD
  • SS Mix HD

From BT, only 3HD and ESPN HD are clearing. 1,2 HD and all 4 SD are failing to clear.

All standard VM equipment/splittters etc.. H2H with Grogbuild - suddenly happened a day or two ago?

Thanks
Turn your box off and run your line on his box for a few minutes and see if channels clear and try his line on your box and see how it runs,If his line has issues on yours then its the provider,Otherwise its a connection issue somewhere

StringerBell, try deleting bouquet and re-scan.

I was experiencing same symptoms as you, but I've not got it working by doing the above

Which netid area are you guys in? could be virgin switching some channels over to caid 1850 earlier than anticipated although that probably wouldnt explain bt sd channels not clearing, that i think is ether signal or server issues.

Trace all cabling back to source where it enters property and check and remake connections and if possible try a different splitter it might be playing up and going out of range etc also try a different ethernet cable if hard wired etc saw a similar fault like this on another forum where the owners dog had decided to pee up the wall in the house on the splitter and sent the signal haywire and a hamster had started to chew through the cabling etc sounds a bit extreme but theres alsorts of scenario's :(y):

Which netid area are you guys in? could be virgin switching some channels over to caid 1850 earlier than anticipated although that probably wouldnt explain bt sd channels not clearing, that i think is ether signal or server issues.

I was on 41060 Manchester 1.. I deleted bouquets, changed to 41066 Manchester 2 and rescanned. That fixed my issue.

Edit: I have since deleted bouquet again and re-scanned after switching back to my original netid of 41060, and this works correctly still

Last edited:
I was on 41060 Manchester 1.. I deleted bouquets, changed to 41066 Manchester 2 and rescanned. That fixed my issue.

Edit: I have since deleted bouquet again and re-scanned after switching back to my original netid of 41060, and this works correctly still

I'm on 41060 and havent noticed any issues,

He has just rescanned to 41060 and everything is back on working. Thanks for all the advice

Are virgin in the process of changing everything so that these boxes won't work for much longer? Like Sky did earlier this year

Back