Channels still scrambled no matter what Line i try

Hi guys, ive reached my limit with trying to sort this so had no option but to ask for help.

I have an openbox V8s, it has been working fine until it went scrambled last wednesday. No response from my seller on amazon since then has left me high and dry so i decided to try new test lines in search of a new server.

However, no matter what line I try my channels are still scrambled, this is what ive tried so far...

. Manual input C-line
. Manual input N-line
. USB upload of both C and N line (all on seperate occasions so no line conflict)
. Restarting box and router
. Changing DNS settings as was recommened on here to no avail (have returned them to original settings now)
. Checked all connections several times on all ports and plugs
. Tried several lines of each type N and C on both usb and manual input

The main thing I dont understand is that the N-line i have at the moment for example, is showing online, yet i still have scrambled channels. I am really at a loss to figure out what to do so any help would be amazing.

I have never had a problem with new lines I got from my seller up until he (and my channels) vanished last week and for some reason the box not accepting new lines seems to have coincided with me loosing all my channels last week.

As always a massive thank you to anyone who posts with suggestions.

Your firmware has corrupted so may I suggest a factory reset ensuring you remove all channel lists and lines [make certain you have a copy of your lines]
Now upgrade to latest firmware [No81] from Downloads.[important that you use a formatted--fat32--usb key] Update the channel list using the network server.
At this point check your fta channels, if fta channels ok then once again format a key, add line, install and reboot.
With luck all should now work.
Reaper.

Reaper thank you I will try this now, funnily enough the firware was the only thing left I was thinking could be the problem but i wasnt confident about messing with it until your post, i will try this now and get back to you. Thanks again!.

---------- Post Merged at 12:40 PM ----------

Hi reaper, ive just done this and it has worked!!. Thank you So So much I cannot thank you enough you are an amazing person and if I could id kiss you!.

Only thing is ive lost my sky channel numbers but its a small price to pay!.

im having problems like this also, only i have updated firmware and channel list and everything is still scrambled, help!

Then I think your line is off--ask in the forum for a test line from some nice person and see if that helps.
Reaper.

Hi reaper, could you possibly link me to the section I should post in for sky numbered channel list requesting please mate?.

If you go back to the old method of installing channel lists then you may just have trouble again---the list used by the network server is a mix of channel lists but safe to use--just use the FAV button on remote to locate requirements.
If determined to revert to old method then use the CWaites list from forum [openbox forum]
Reaper.

If you go back to the old method of installing channel lists then you may just have trouble again---the list used by the network server is a mix of channel lists but safe to use--just use the FAV button on remote to locate requirements.
If determined to revert to old method then use the CWaites list from forum [openbox forum]
Reaper.

Ok thanks reaper, I will follow your advice on this one and just take the time to move my channels around, really don't want to loose em again. Thank you again for all your help here and hope you have a fantastic Halloween, it is after all your peak time! ha ha.

Your firmware has corrupted so may I suggest a factory reset ensuring you remove all channel lists and lines [make certain you have a copy of your lines]
Now upgrade to latest firmware [No81] from.[important that you use a formatted--fat32--usb key] Update the channel list using the network server.
At this point check your fta channels, if fta channels ok then once again format a key, add line, install and reboot.
With luck all should now work.
Reaper.

Hi

Ive had the same issue i followed the above but it has not worked i still have scrambled on all premium channels FTA is ok both my c and n servers say offline at a loss now

please any help appreciated

Dump your lines to usb and store them on your pc--now get a test line from forum, install and see whether that fixes the problem.
Reaper.

I am also having the same problem...

It stoped connecting to the internet last week then i manually changed the ip address last digits and it worked then it stoped after few days....im goin mad..

Virgin superhub Router to box via dongle to hotspot to mobile works fine..

Ethernet to box scrambled ppv channels but fta work.

Dongle to router scrambled ppv channels but fta work fine.

The ccam line works fine bcos it works with hotspot via mobile..

Just wont connect to internet via ethernet router.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
On the S/hub---disconnect all ethernet and ensure all wireless gadgets not connected. Poer down hub [disconnect power lead] wait 1 minute then power up hub and give it time to settle, connect your sat box via ethernet but do not connect anything else yet [plug the ethernet cable into the 2nd socket from rear of hub---rear/last socket is used for i-net to pc . Restart box and if it works then you can reconnect your other toys. If it doesn't work then you can suspect a dodgy ethernet port and revert to dongle.
Reaper.

Back