Chat on Facebook ( I deleted it, accidently)

mickzer

Hi, hope someone here can tell me how can I restore the chat that was situated down in the right corner. I accidently clicked on the "X" and it disappeared. I've tried everything to get it back. It's doing my head in, now. Thanks for any help.

Yeah, I can get messages/ send messages from there, but it was handy in the bottom corner where I could see if the person I was messaging was online or not. It's annoying me that I can't get it back.There must be a simple way to do it.:laughing::laughing:

so you have not deleted it mate as the chat is still there. im sure you can double clikck the chat and it should open it there

Yes. When I click on Messenger the message will open down there. But I used to be able to just click on a name and type a message, now I can't.

Ahem...I think so!! It was always down in the bottom right corner...
I used to click the heading to minimise it but I clicked the "X" and it completely disappeared.

Surely someone else must have done this themselves and got it back!!
Or am I the only one stupid enough??:LOL::LOL:

There's alot of info on that link, cactikid, but it's mostly about using Messenger on Facebook. As I said earlier, I can send and receive messages by clicking on the Messenger icon at the top of the page. But there used to be a tab at the bottom right which had all my friends who I'd messaged and showed who was online etc.....until I clicked on the "X". Now it's nowhere to be seen.:unsure:

Thats why you ask them in the help centre how to get it back. i use that to send messages also and not messenger.
What happens if you go onto persons home page and try to send a pm?

My apologies fellas. Turns out I had hidden it with an extension I use for Facebook and NOT through Facebook itself. Once I'd figured that out it was easy enough to restore it. Yeah, I'm an idiot. :angry::angry:Sorry again. Time for a :coffee: or two.

Back