Cheap Data Sims

Hi everyone, I know we are all trying to find cheaper ways of doing things, and for sims I think I have found a cheap way of getting unlimited data, (well unlimited as per fair usage) for example, three have a sim for unlimited data (no calls or texts) for 7.70 a month of you pay upfront via an approved provider on amazon. Sorry not sure if i can post links but here it is. They offer other amounts of data, and ee as well with some good deals slightly more expensive. Sorry link I can't share for some reason but go on amazon, and search for data sims and find seller scancom

Mod Note
This is the link https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BQPXF4D3?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_WSEJ1QXCTCDJVK57QJMR
£255 paid up until 8 Dec 2025

Last edited by a moderator:
Virgin have told me my BB is going up by £6 per month from May then increases by 3.6% every year above inflation.

I might have to look into something like this

Virgin have told me my BB is going up by £6 per month from May then increases by 3.6% every year above inflation.

I might have to look into something like this
I've had a three sim for a few months now for my son, and now going to get another for me as my contract is up. His is really good, with 5g near us getting over 300meg speed which is much better than ee who I am with, (Although they were about 150 so can't complain), just alot cheaper

True just depends on what you need it for really 6gb would last some people bit of web browsing / WhatsApp ect. But think Vodafone offer some great data deals 100gb £8 but depends if you wanted to go down the cashback route

Last edited:
Think you can get unlimited data only Sims which allows unlimited tethering but not sure on normal unlimited data sim cards which includes call and texts, would imagine it would be in the t&c of contract if unlimited tethering is allowed

unlimited data , do you get unlimited tethering with this ?
I've got a deal with smarty with unlimited data and call and text for £15.00 on a one month deal. I've put it into my 5g router where is get 500mb download. I've noticedits pretty bad when trying to watch iptv in the evening, I've looked into it and they say that these sims are not a solution for permanent internet. The don't like you tethering more that 8 devices. I'm cancelling mine.

Did hear you can get some amazing speeds using 5g data sim especially if you have a mast close to your home and for half the cost of broadband contract, it's the stability that puts me off moving over

Did hear you can get some amazing speeds using 5g data sim especially if you have a mast close to your home and for half the cost of broadband contract, it's the stability that puts me off moving over
Mine has been perfect for 4 months, but that maybe because it said online the mast was not active. 3 days this week I had issues. Now I've put my 3 5g SIM in and and a VPN gave me little issue last night. Been looking around for days for a perfect virgin deal. Prices have gone up today though.

Back