Cheap laptop

Hi

can anyone advise where/ what laptop I should get for the following looking just for something cheap.

Needs to run mircosoft word and allow champoinship manager 14 and other strategy games ( like is city etc). Also must be wifi.

not looking for anything fancy just cheap and cheerful!

cheers

mike

Just look at the minimum specs published for each of the games you are wanting to play :) Id aim for at least an intel i3, 8GB ram, with a non integrated graphics adapter. What country are you from?

Me too, argos outlet store on ebay usually has some cheap laptops, and obviously check out hotukdeals, all depends on your budget.

does it have to be a laptop ?
same specs but laptop version is always at least 50% more...hdd, ram etc.,
to run office >2007 decently and have gaming graphics cant be a cheap laptop :-(
like daniel said 'depends on your budget'

does it have to be a laptop ?
same specs but laptop version is always at least 50% more...hdd, ram etc.,
to run office >2007 decently and have gaming graphics cant be a cheap laptop :-(
like daniel said 'depends on your budget'

kaki - my problem is my little girl messing with it! If only there was a way of having the main box in another room and just the screen and keyboard in living room, I would go for it!

I have found this this laptop for £185 would the spec be go enough?

Type:
Laptop
Operating System:
Windows 7 (64 Bit)
Brand:
HP
Operating System Edition:
Home Premium
Product Line:
Elitebook
Anti-Virus Anti-Spyware:
Microsoft Security Essentials (Life Time Updates)
Screen Size:
14"
Warranty:
1 Year Warranty
Memory:
4 GB
Primary Drive:
DVD RW
Processor Type:
Intel Core 2 Duo (64 Bit)
Wireless:
WIFI enabled for Wireless Broadband
Processor Speed:
4.80 Ghz - 5.06 GHz (2X 2.4 - 2.53GHz)
Cost Savings:
Save around £250 on this laptop
Hard Drive Capacity:
160 GB

thanks for all your help

not having the exact model this is what i assume you could be talking about..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-ELITEBOOK-6930P-BUSINESS-WARRANTY/dp/B00CI3F20A
read the few reviews..it is a reliable machine but definitely not a gamers option :p
the drive at 160gb is by today's standard tiny..i have couple of games that require more to install..
2 core processor is again - a decent mobile phone nowadays has 4..
most game sites give recommended specs required (not the minimum) and i would check which
games you intend to install there.
am sure you know you get what you pay for so you need to make sure this will be enough.
hope this helps..

read the few reviews..it is a reliable machine but definitely not a gamers option :p
the drive at 160gb is by today's standard tiny..i have couple of games that require more to install..
most game sites give recommended specs required (not the minimum) and i would check which
am sure you know you get what you pay for so you need to make sure this will be enough.
hope this helps..

Thanks for for the help. It the link below
POWERFUL HP LAPTOP WINDOWS 7 CORE 2 DUO 4.80-5.06GHZ ELITE 160GB 4GB WIFI RED | eBay

unsure if this is better

hope this helps..

Thanks for for the help. It the link below
POWERFUL HP LAPTOP WINDOWS 7 CORE 2 DUO 4.80-5.06GHZ ELITE 160GB 4GB WIFI RED | eBay

unsure if this is better

it seems to be the same model but tbh one of the refurbished ones on the amazon link has
the drive seems to have been upgraded to 250gb instead of the stock 160 and i think is GBP153
browsing, email and office will be fine and assuming they have done a decent refurbishment HP are
normally very dependable, just dont expect graphics to allow editing movies or running gears of war !!
you will need to make sure any camera, microphone, mouse pad are operational because the
windows 7 installed is not native so drivers might not be available.

Back