Cheap petrol?

I'm taking from farms as of such... anyone know anyone who will sell

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

There's not much in it with fuel, the government have it all sown up. Farmers use red diesel, can't see them selling any, there too busy filling up there own cars [emoji23][emoji23]

Ahh I was after unleaded.. used to work on a farm and the guy always used to sell us some... got me to work and everywhere else for the week.. be nice to find that all over again... thought id ask here... (by the way if you want this thread deleted modders just let me know) [emoji106]

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Out of interest and not entirely off topic how much is the cheapest everyone can get unleaded for where they're at? can find it for 112.7 in a Tesco and a Morrisons at the moment and 112.9 in a few other places around here.

Out of interest and not entirely off topic how much is the cheapest everyone can get unleaded for where they're at? can find it for 112.7 in a Tesco and a Morrisons at the moment and 112.9 in a few other places around here.

You a Bradford lad ?, yes Morrisons selling unleaded at £112.9 at the moment.

Nah, Doncaster. What makes me laugh though, and I know that supermarkets can give better rates than others, is when you see a different garage charging about 8p more down the road and people still go there...?

Nah, Doncaster. What makes me laugh though, and I know that supermarkets can give better rates than others, is when you see a different garage charging about 8p more down the road and people still go there...?

Being a Yorkshire lad that comes across as baffling, are they just company reps putting it on their company's plastic, because as sure as hell I would not be paying 8p a litre more than the super market down the road ;-)) .

I hear ya. Sainsbury's is about 3 minutes from me yet I'll go a further 5 minutes to the Tesco garage to save an extra couple of pence!

Never heard of cheaper petrol but there is cheaper diesel called red diesel sold to farmers... it's same as normal diesel just has a red dye in it to distinguish it if it gets used by the general public.

Become good friends with a farmer and you'll be laughing as red diesel price is around 50p/ litre

Was paying 50p a litre for red diesel about 6 years ago..lol...tank was never empty... but alas it only lasted about a year, as the guy got caught :quiet:

Last edited:
Can remember when i put cooking oil in my car diesal it was 27p a litre from Aldi. My backside was going ten to the dozen when i first did it , but it ran like a dream and the funny thing is when i took it for the MOT the guy asked if i had just had the engine cleaned it was the cleanest emiissions he had ever seen . Got me all the way down to Dorset from Nottingham filled up with cookiing oil down there because the tanker drivers where on strike . Good old days and cheap.

Red diesel (gas oil) is different to normal road diesel. It has a greater water content and high acid levels and is not refined as highly as Derv. It will work on cars but will eventually screw up your fuel equipment. Definitely not recommended !!!

That's why u filter Red before u put it in. There no water in it lol. It's got a higher wax content tho.

I can't get it any more but my brother has used it 10yrs plus and never any problems.

A lot of stories are scare mongering. The water thing comes from old rusty dervs in a farm where rain can get in.

Oh and fuel is 107.9 at my local asda but I do like going to BP as you get more miles out their fuel. Supermarkets buy a lower grade fuel and imho don't get as many miles out it.

For cheap petrol. Try your local scrap yard to see if they sell cheap drums when they empty the tanks.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Fossil fuels are pure carbon, dead creatures over millions of years (unless your a Christian lol ) I used to use a mix of 60/40 diesel cooking oil my car smelt like a mobile chippy, but virtually no carbon in veggie oil it as it is made by the sun, if the gov cared about the planet we would be able to used it without getting prosecuted after all you are paying tax on it

Back