Windows 10 Chromebooks Versus windows - whats the difference?

moshibeth

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Evening all my daughter has asked me for a new device for her schoolwork. She has been looking and mentioned about getting a Chromebook but i have never used one personally and only use window operating systems.Can anyone explain the difference between the two and would you advise for or against getting one cheers moshi.

From the way I understand it is with a chrome book everything is done in the cloud and comes with all the tools needed for any school work she has provided that you or she has a google account.

I have a chrome book bud 32gig storage and 4gig ram.
There OK all Google supported and have Google playstore ect Google docs/word ect depends on what kind of school work aswell can say battery lasts longer then a laptop.
My personal preferance would be a laptop and not chrome book mine is just sat in cupboard collecting dust as kids use pc more then chromebook

I have a chrome book bud 32gig storage and 4gig ram.
There OK all Google supported and have Google playstore ect Google docs/word ect depends on what kind of school work aswell can say battery lasts longer then a laptop.
My personal preferance would be a laptop and not chrome book mine is just sat in cupboard collecting dust as kids use pc more then chromebook
Pretty much what i read up baz but not having used one myself its better to ask.

A lot of schools are pushing chrome books now.

If she’s got a school email you should be able to get a discount through Google. And ms office for free too.

my daughter has a chromebook provided by the school. All homework is done using google classroom, during lockdown the classes were provided over meets (not sure if thats the proper name). Maybe speak to the school, ask what they use in the classrooms. I used to have one too, I liked it, they just work generally, don't need virus checkers, update themselves automatically, and are cheaper than full blown laptops. As long as you don't need a particular windows program, I recommend them. hope that helps

I looked at a Chromebook a couple of years ago before I got my netbook,
From what I could make out, if you don't have t'internet they are pretty much useless.

I brought one of those mesh WiFi systems, peace..... now nobody complains no more.

my daughter has a dell laptop and i have a pc and she can do her home work from school on both of them she just has to log in have a word with teacher but pretty sure if you choose laptop your daughter will be able to do her school home work on it

my daughter has a dell laptop and i have a pc and she can do her home work from school on both of them she just has to log in have a word with teacher but pretty sure if you choose laptop your daughter will be able to do her school home work on it
Ordered her a laptop this morning cheers to all for replies (y)

Back