Chromecast With Google TV HD

deano2010

Does anybody suffer with Wi-Fi problems with the chromecast HD mine is literally a few meters away from my eero pro 6 hub and my Wi-Fi will drop from excellent to good and sometimes it will just drop out completely to the point where i have to go into the settings and connect back manually to my network’ i have factory reset the device twice via the reset button on the bottom of the device’ i have seen a few posts on reddit with similar problems so I’m wondering if the device is just too underpowered and basically 💩

I have a similar problem with the one I have in my kitchen.

Every now and again the CCGTV will complain that it's lost WiFi signal but my phone shows it's absolutely fine.

I'll put up with it until I can't then I'll get another box.

In contrast, the CCGTV I have in the living room, which is probably the same distance away, hardly ever exhibits the same behaviour.

I have a similar problem with the one I have in my kitchen.

Every now and again the CCGTV will complain that it's lost WiFi signal but my phone shows it's absolutely fine.

I'll put up with it until I can't then I'll get another box.

In contrast, the CCGTV I have in the living room, which is probably the same distance away, hardly ever exhibits the same behaviour.
Do you have the CCGTV 4k or just the regular HD thanks

Do you have the CCGTV 4k or just the regular HD thanks
Not sure tbh. Bought it a couple of years ago, invoice says 'Google Chromecast Ultra with Google TV And Voice Remote'. The settings on the device list Resolution as 4k 60Hz. Not sure if that helps or not.

It works just fine in every other way.

I think I posted about the issue on here some time back and a member suggested changing the power supply ... can't remember and it doesn't really bother me that much as I generally use the kitchen one for the radio during the day. Seems to drop out less if I'm using it to watch something or it's later in the day ... maybe it's the radio app (Radioplayer) I'm using?

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

I think this is suppose to be a known issue with them, remember reading it on another forum a few weeks back, that Google can't be bothered to fix.
Does anybody suffer with Wi-Fi problems with the chromecast HD mine is literally a few meters away from my eero pro 6 hub and my Wi-Fi will drop from excellent to good and sometimes it will just drop out completely to the point where i have to go into the settings and connect back manually to my network’ i have factory reset the device twice via the reset button on the bottom of the device’ i have seen a few posts on reddit with similar problems so I’m wondering if the device is just too underpowered and basically 💩
If it's that close, might be worth buying the ethernet adapter.

Never had issues with Chromecast with android TV. But might be worth a factory reset or hard wire the Chromecast if possible

Back