Citroen C3 2003 1.3 Automatic

Hooooolly

I've been looking at buying a Citroen C3 (automatic) but as I am tight for cash I've been looking for something that needs a little work so I can spread the cost...I've found one that has been described as having an electrical fault, but am not sure of exactly how much work it would need doing or of the costs involved.

its description:

"...it appears to have some sort of electrical problem - sometimes it starts and drives just fine,other times it just won't start at all.looking at the m.o.t history that i have printed off the direct-gov website,the car actually failed it's test the first time - just on the one issue,that being that the abs light was staying on (indicating abs fault) however,on correcting this,it seems to have caused further problem as the next entry is an m.o.t pass,but with an advisory issued,stating airbag light on,brake sensor light on and possible fault with dash. i am assuming that there is a connection as to why it sometimes starts and sometimes doesn't - but i am not 100% sure as no further investigation has been carried out on the vehicle.looking in the car though,in the glove box (where the fusebox is situated) there are a number of discarded fuses/plugs,etc. so it certainly backs up my theory".

can anyone help me diagnose the fault?

on the Peugeot they had a water leak onto fuse box and ecu was nearby also got wet,ecu getting wiped with flat battery or battery disconnected was a common thing,i never had that problem yet,why were fuses removed may be the question,a little electrical fault may be a bigger headache than you think,if the diagnostics were put on the car would it throw up a fault code,crankshaft sensor,water temp sensor,bad key not allowing code access. worst of all its a french car sorry m8

Back