Citroen Relay

Tricki

Hi Guys,

I have a Citroen Relay van. Just after Christmas I started the van but when I turned the key the engine turned over very very slowly as if the battery was going flat. When the van started the intermittent wipers have stayed on when the wipers are off. All the wiper setting work as they should but when the switch is in the off position the intermittent wipers are on. Everything works fine but the wipers.

Anyone else had the problem and rectified it.

Thanks

Richard

without doing any hands on diagnostics we can only guess.what year is your van? physically unplug the wiper switch and see if the intermittant goes off.if so its more than likely the switch.

It's a 57 plate. Do you mean the connector on the underside of the wipers inside the bonnet. If so I have tried that and they do stop working

Thanks

Sounds like your wiper relay has gone faulty, it has a timer in it for the intermittent wipe.....cheapest and easiest to try first.

Dont suppose you know where it is... The only reason I ask is some other suggestions are saying its software in the ECU, and there is no relay?

Ah ok, I'm a long time out of the game and mainly japanese I have now, its possible, do you hear any relay clicking when the wiper kicks in?

---------- Post Merged at 02:41 PM ----------

Have you looked in the fusebox behind the glovebox? Is it the blue relay to the lower right of the green one?

No I don't hear anythink. I have also placed my fingers over the relays that are in the fusebox between the steering column and the drivers door and can't feel a click either. I have looked in the past for the fusebox behind the glovebox and can't find it. :whacko:

Is it the glovebox next to the passenger door or the center glovebox?

Thanks

Sorry, out of ideas, it was a 55 plate I last seen...can you borrow a switch as suggested earlier? Have you tried reseting the ECU?

Just disconnect the battery for min 10 mins, press the brake pedal once the battery is disconnected to make sure.

Just tried it and it never worked. I'll try again leaving it about 2 hours. If that doesn't work I'll leave it over night, failing that I'll have to take it to the big boys.

Thanks for all your suggestions

Back