City euro ban

the problem is allowing mega rich owners to simply buy leagues is not a solution either.

salford have a budget that is three times that of accrington stanley who are a league above them.

how is their success any more or less fair than a side like united dominating as they generate more revenue than, say, southampton?

city have only posted profits as their commercial income has been pumped up via the owners using third parties to illegally funnel money into the club.

there has to be another way, lurching back to a model where by ugly states can sports-wash themselves by buying success is not the answer either.

city's acheivements are not spectacular in the slightest given the current football climate, set against other countries they are banal.

surely this sort of sterile and inevitable domination by certain teams isnt what we want.

for me, i'd let them all **** off to their super league dreams and have them enjoy barca away being played in LA or Dubai.

The last thing you want is teams dominating leagues, the more competitive the competition the better.

I completely agree on illegal money being funnelled through clubs.

For me though how else would a Southampton close the gap and be competitive with Man Utd without a rich owner?

Don’t think it’s possible in this day and age.

When has it ever been possible?

Super rich clubs will always dominate. PSG and city have created another level of super rich altogether.

A more effective re distribution of funds in order to foster sustainable competition and making sure clubs spend within their means has to be the best way.

City are not a model for fair competition, far from it

When has it ever been possible?

Super rich clubs will always dominate. PSG and city have created another level of super rich altogether.

A more effective re distribution of funds in order to foster sustainable competition and making sure clubs spend within their means has to be the best way.

City are not a model for fair competition, far from it

City aren’t a model for fair competition I agree but neither were the former either.

At least they bridged the gap and made the league more competitive. Same as Chelsea did with Abramovich, neither of those clubs would of been competitive without their owners millions and the league would of been a lot less competitive.

City aren’t a model for fair competition I agree but neither were the former either.

At least they bridged the gap and made the league more competitive. Same as Chelsea did with Abramovich, neither of those clubs would of been competitive without their owners millions and the league would of been a lot less competitive.
Keep us out of it lmfao how I look at it is if you have the money to spend then spend it rumour has it Saudis want to buy Newcastle everyone was on band wagon when the Russian came to town and was buying Crespo veron Drogba ect lol

Keep us out of it lmfao how I look at it is if you have the money to spend then spend it rumour has it Saudis want to buy Newcastle everyone was on band wagon when the Russian came to town and was buying Crespo veron Drogba ect lol

I agree, the owner can do what he wants with the money in my mind. There is more limitations in place these days but there’s always ways round it.

City for all their millions seemed naive in how they did their books.

i'm not sure that the league is more competitive than before. now clubs like everton are even further away from the top. they still have to leap frog united, liverpool et al, but they have city, PSG etc etc to compete with as well.

if we value competition then tv and prize money simply has to be more flat in it's distribution. the entry into the CL needs to be more fluid and achievable due to a competitive league.

the big clubs and their fans don't value competition, however.

which is why i see no obstacle to them getting their Euro Super World Mega league where they can tour the really lucractive markets like china, dubai, america and play their MASSIVE barca, pool, milan, munich round robin games 1000's of miles from their homes. leave the rest of us to have a proper sporting and competitive domestic league again.

i'm not sure that the league is more competitive than before. now clubs like everton are even further away from the top. they still have to leap frog united, liverpool et al, but they have city, PSG etc etc to compete with as well.

if we value competition then tv and prize money simply has to be more flat in it's distribution. the entry into the CL needs to be more fluid and achievable due to a competitive league.

the big clubs and their fans don't value competition, however.

which is why i see no obstacle to them getting their Euro Super World Mega league where they can tour the really lucractive markets like china, dubai, america and play their MASSIVE barca, pool, milan, munich round robin games 1000's of miles from their homes. leave the rest of us to have a proper sporting and competitive domestic league again.

What about punishing a club with zero debt whilst a club like UTD have huge amount of debt yet has no punishment at all.

How is that fair?

it's not. but the rules are dicked.

united and city are not where we want to be looking when we try toi set up sustainable and fair models.

How ever much teams have broken the ffp ought to be passed down to lower league teams lol we got transfer ban for signing young players but others get a slapon hand and heard the 2014 title could be stripped of City aswell

If they don't get at least 1 of the 2 years ban from Champions League then I'll lose all faith in UEFA rules completely.

I'm pretty sure if you told their owners back in 2012 that the cost of cheating the books for fair play regulations to buy all them players and titles would be 8 years later a 2-year Champions League ban and a £25 million fine they would've laughed and said "OK sure - no problem".

Back