WilloBuild Client Mode

Why are you using channelsimporter when client mode is built in on ViX? Is it not working?
What version of ViX are you using?
I've tried plain ViX 5.0.043 on both boxes and ATV 6.3 on both boxes but still can't get it working :confounded:
All the bouquets and epg download but non FTA won't clear.
I've got FBC tuners on the master , don't know if that would affect it?

Because I also use my client box as a standalone receiver as well for eurosats, it allows me 4 sat receivers if needed, as well as a cable receiver.
I'll have a look this evening and see what version of Vix I have on each box.

I've tried channels importer along side fallback configuration. It's not working for me, pretty sure I've got the settings correctly configured.

Will yours swap to a cable channel?
I've noticed that if I try to swap to a cable channel on the slave box no cable tuner on the master is showing as being in use.
Give me a cable server that works over here and i will see if it works.
I will assume master box does have a live working tuner on cable and is not in use recording.

I've tried channels importer along side fallback configuration. It's not working for me, pretty sure I've got the settings correctly configured.
Have you set a fixed ip on both boxes,? I have DCHP turned off on mine and set fixed ip so if I need to reboot router nothing changes.

@dale1983
I only have a single cable tuner on my master, so in order to watch cable on my slave, I must do 1 of 3 things
Have master on the same cable channel I want to slave
Have master on a sat channel ( I then cannot select any cable channel on master, not even the same one as slave )
Have master in standby

@dale1983
I only have a single cable tuner on my master, so in order to watch cable on my slave, I must do 1 of 3 things
Have master on the same cable channel I want to slave
Have master on a sat channel ( I then cannot select any cable channel on master, not even the same one as slave )
Have master in standby
I'm using a twin cable tuner. When I switch DCHP to off, i get the error "could not connect to the remote ip"

That is only for network ip connection that can change when box is rebooted so box ip is wrong .
Is samba enabled on boxes as not sure if needed with client but all mine run samba.

I'm using a twin cable tuner. When I switch DCHP to off, i get the error "could not connect to the remote ip"
You need to set a static IP on your box, then reboot box and router,
It's best to set box IP to something outside your router DCHP addresses, my router starts addressing at 50 , and all my fixed equipment has addresses between 2 and 49

I'll have another play tomorrow, I daren't start rebooting the router while Love Island is on - it'll end up in a divorce :X3:

I definitely had the correct IP addresses configured so I'm guessing it's a bug with the latest vix on the basis I cant get either client mode or fallback to work?

i notice on my solo2 plenty of N/A listings on master and getting transferred to my client box zero and if clicked on box reboots due to error.Solo2 will be moved as adding a 3 tuner sat box there and other boxes reflashed to clear a stored bug when i online updated 6 weeks ago or more.Setup from scratch again.

Just an update on the client mode issue which would appear to be my cockup at some point.

MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > Customise:

Make sure the master box has 'Descramble sending http streams' set to 'yes'.

1565433746679.png

This has now been sorted on the latest build.

Back