WilloBuild Client Mode

dale1983

I used to use client mode for streaming to a bedroom box and it always worked pretty good using Vix.

I recently set it up again since installing willobuild 5.2 however I'm finding that only a handful of channels are clearing on the slave box.

Anyone else using client mode successfully on willobuild 5.2 or latest Vix?

Last edited:
Client mode does not clear on the slave box as it has no cams ,it is the master box that does all this and transfers channels and epg to slave box by import so go look at the main box for issues.

Client mode does not clear on the slave box as it has no cams ,it is the master box that does all this and transfers channels and epg to slave box by import so go look at the main box for issues.
Everything transfers over, bouquets, epg etc. Most channels are black when selected however one or two are ok, randomly Sky Sports News Hd works perfectly.

All channels work / clear perfectly on the main box. I've tried using my other main box as a master box which has a different line. I have the same issue which ever box I use as the master.

It should not matter what box your using,sometimes if having issues i will reflash slave with a newer image and setup from scratch and importing a fresh setup and box will be fresh to start with.Presume slave is hard wired and has been rebooted.

It should not matter what box your using,sometimes if having issues i will reflash slave with a newer image and setup from scratch and importing a fresh setup and box will be fresh to start with.Presume slave is hard wired and has been rebooted.
I have 4 boxes in total all zgemma and all recently flashed with Willobuild 5.2

I tried mixing it up by swapping the master and the slave boxes but no joy. One box is hard wired, I'm using home plugs for the rest. The home plugs work fine when using the box as a master.

I have a vu solo2 as a master and a tm nano as slave no sat tuner setup and using client mode and all hard wired,homeplugs should be ok.
Does your slave box actually have client mode setup correctly.

I have a vu solo2 as a master and a tm nano as slave no sat tuner setup and using client mode and all hard wired,homeplugs should be ok.
Does your slave box actually have client mode setup correctly.
As far as I'm aware it is set up correctly. I used client mode previously for about 2 years with no issues. The only difference now is that I've introduced an extra two homplugs due to purchasing a 3rd main box, as well as updating the firmware to all boxes. I would have had to set client mode up again from scratch so I suppose theres a chance a setting may be incorrect but it's unlikely.

I can only think that there's an issue with the homeplugs. Client mode works spot on for me with all boxes hard wired.
I'll bang one of my test boxes on and try it again.

EDIT: No, all working fine this end. What type of box is the client? Shouldn't matter though.

Last edited:
Same on plain ViX, nothing added or taken away. FTA streaming okay but encrypted channels not ... very strange!
Will have to give it another coat of looking at in the morning.

I've put the latest plain ViX on both master and client boxes and still the same. Only FTA will stream in client mode.
The channelsimporter plugin is also the same and will not stream encrypted channels.
Nothing added or taken away from either image apart from oscam on the master box.
I don't know if my config files will affect this?
Maybe @Abu Baniaz will have an idea about it?

I have to go out now but will try ATV later on today.

I can stream FTA and premium channels from an F1 to an Edision without any issues, both sat and cable,
Using plain Vix on both boxes.
I just use fallback and channels importer

I can stream FTA and premium channels from an F1 to an Edision without any issues, both sat and cable,
Using plain Vix on both boxes.
I just use fallback and channels importer

Why are you using channelsimporter when client mode is built in on ViX? Is it not working?
What version of ViX are you using?
I've tried plain ViX 5.0.043 on both boxes and ATV 6.3 on both boxes but still can't get it working :confounded:
All the bouquets and epg download but non FTA won't clear.
I've got FBC tuners on the master , don't know if that would affect it?

Back