Cloud ibox

CDizzle

Just got a cloud ibox, which I'm told is a VU clone box. Haven't got it set up yet but does it have a 7 day epg and if not is there something I can download for it?

also any other plug ins that might be useful for me? Just got it there now and haven't had a look to set what is already on it, although there should be a line installed on it already.

yes it dose give. a 7 day epg. welcome to the world of full linux boxes you have to do evreything yourself. however, once it is set up you never have to touch them. which image are you using.

1. file swap (as 7 day epg is demanding)
2. on demand player
3 rats picon updater

Last edited:
Fella I got it from runs his own server and says the box will be good to just plug in and go, I'll get it set up tomorrow while hungover, the skybox f5s can stay in the living room for now!

Just got the box set up, it's running black hole and looks like auto bouquets is on there as well but no 7 day epg. Any advice as to how I can get one on? Also any advice about bbc Iplayer and other on demand services?

Main thing is the line is set up and all channels are there.

bbc i player etc not supported on blackhole image
you will need to create a mount point on a usb for 7 day epg. i think you do this by hitting the blue button twice
i think it is called usb format wizzard (something like that just follow the on screen instructions) do not plug usb into box till prompted. once this is all done your box will reeboot
when the box reeboots hit the blue button twice and go into mounts manager move the right arrow till you see the path media/usb and your box will reeboot

now the 7 day epg

menu/system/setup/epg/epg configure
the place where you want to save the data files media/usb
sceduled update "yes"
select a time
select daily and save

now go into menu/system/setup/epg/opentvproviders and select 28.2e then click download
just let it do its thing and your done. i think all the paths are correct based on memory. blackhole can be funny with clone boxes i suggest you move to vix

one thing to be wary on do not insert/remove usb while box is powered on,too many have killed their box.

How do i change from Blackhole to Vix? Will it affect my line? I'm still new to this stuff, read through a couple of the guides at the top of this forum but not making much sense of them unfortunately.

you will have to backup your line this is easy enough. use a program like filezilla go into the var/etc and look for the Cccam.config file and drag it to your desktop. when you get your vix image make sure it is clone safe.

Back