cloud ibox3 setup out of the box

firebl4de

Hi all. Ordered an ibox, and wishing I hadn't after reading they're pretty hard to setup. I'm totally new to this tech, and panicking a little about setting it up. So, I would like to know if there's a step by step guide someone could point out to me anywhere online? All I know is that I have to identify my box before I download anything onto it... My knowledge stops there!!!! Any help will be very appreciated.... Thanks.

Sucmnsee your man on these boxes, don't do nothing if your not sure, He will help you out when he's online.

Last edited:
Cheers leader. It should be here tomorrow... I'm scared to even unpack it in case I brick it!!

hi firebl4de,
the two main things that will brick your box is, flashing a bootloader and updating your box online.

like leader says, sucmnsee is the man for the ibox 2+.

blushes :)

Never used the 3 but I believe apart from the twin tuner theyre almost identical.
You're going to be setting up from scratch as I dont know a decent presetup image out there.
Ur starting point would be download with ur pc an image from the ibox 3 specific section at cloud-ibox'dot'net.
Id recommend vix and most here use it so help will be more plentiful.
Dont be drunk n stoned before you start and heve plenty of time and no distractions.
Make sure you have a usb stick/hdd thats going to live in the box permanently. 4GB+ in size.

---------- Post Merged at 07:35 PM ----------

Download the image on ur pc. Save somewhere. Preferably in a folder with the date and what the image is so you can put later backups here labeled for when u need them.

Download DCC Dreambox Control Centre to ur pc and install.

Make sure whatever usb ur using is in the fat32 format.

Copy the folder cloudix to the usb. It should contain 5 files.

Connect all leads to box but do not power on.

With the box power off insert the usb with cloudix on it into rear of box. Power on.
You will now see one of 3 things :
1-Nothing happens on the front display (good) LEAVE FOR 15 MINUTES!!! Then turn off.
2-The box says boot, then quickly flash then others and sits with U-rF on front for while (good) Wait to say dOnE. Then turn off.
3-The box boots up as normal (bad)

Letus know how u get on/ any questions

Last edited:
Cheers for that suckmnsee. I'm hoping it arrives tomorrow and I can get cracked on with it. So if I follow those steps and all goes well, is that the box sorted apart from loading my gift on?

Nooooooo. Sorry dude. But if all goes well it wont hurt too much :)

Then u need to
Do basic box setup wizard
Initialise hdd
Set epg to hdd
Setup swapfile on hdd
Setup autobouquets
Setup epg
Cancel software update and change settings.
Copy line over
Add ur plugins and sometime set them.up

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

To be safe I would download the vix Apollo022 version as it was before new bootloader released on 05/08/2014

Last edited:
Oh dear.... Seems like a lot of cafuffle.... Haha.... Well I hope it does come tomorrow so that I can get on with it!!! I will let you know how I get on.... And thanks again for your help.....

No probs dude. I needed LOADS of help at start.
Love the boxs now though.
You can search basic help from gi xpeed lx and max digital 1000 too as these are what this box basically is too. (Its A clone)
But unfortunately ive only single tuner so cant help with the dual tuner setup bit.

Last edited:
I have good news. The lad I'm getting my box off has just informed me that he sets all his boxes up before he ships them. So it is plug and play when it arrives. Needless to say that's a load off my mind! Anyhow, I would just like to thank you all for the support thus far. If I have any future issues I know where to come. Thanks again lads......

Back