Clutch squeak

Brucey89

Clutch on my van squeaks when pressed. Doesnt matter if engines running or not squeak is still there. It's not missing any gears or burning.
Any ideas?

Have you narrowed down to where squeak is coming from?
In around clutch pedal pivot of clutch master cylinder pivot try wd 40?
Does van have external slave cylinder as where it goes into gearbox could have gone dry lack of lube.
Pressure plate can squeak when bearing is putting pressure going in and out.

Plan to give it a closer inspection tomorrow. Can hear outside of van when pressed. Not to sure if it hasxan external slave cylinder. Its 2010 peugeot partner.

Located noise inside of engine bay when clutch is pressed. Lever arm and like a black flexible pipe that opens and closes when pedal pressed. Any ideas?

Photo would be good as what i saw was a clutch cable arm on photo.
If it was hydraulic you would see a metal cylinder / Clutch Slave cylinder with an arm pressing against

Plastic/carbon fibre slave cylinder and is the seals inside have removed the friction free surface and they squeak , replacement is only choice if driving you mad.
Plenty of cars moved from metal cylinders to a lighter weight plastic/carbon fibre and later these noises appeared.
Getting someone to pump the pedal and have hand on it could feel the creaking/squeaking of the unit

Item looks fairly clean and i would move the bellows back away from the arm and you will see a rod hitting the arm lube it there and see if it still squeaks as the angle on pin and clutch arm if dry will squeak. Anytime a clutch or slave cylinder is replaced we put some copper grease on cup of the arm where the rod meets it.

Black pipe as you call it is a dust cover expanding and contracting when clutch is pressed to keep internals clean

Plastic/carbon fibre slave cylinder and is the seals inside have removed the friction free surface and they squeak , replacement is only choice if driving you mad.
Plenty of cars moved from metal cylinders to a lighter weight plastic/carbon fibre and later these noises appeared.
Getting someone to pump the pedal and have hand on it could feel the creaking/squeaking of the unit

Item looks fairly clean and i would move the bellows back away from the arm and you will see a rod hitting the arm lube it there and see if it still squeaks as the angle on pin and clutch arm if dry will squeak. Anytime a clutch or slave cylinder is replaced we put some copper grease on cup of the arm where the rod meets it.

Black pipe as you call it is a dust cover expanding and contracting when clutch is pressed to keep internals clean

Whats best to use to try and quiet noise until it gets replaced? Copper grease, wd40 or something else.

Wd 40 is a temp fix and if it stops then that is the issue , if you had an oil can that squirts a few drops on the ball where pin hits the arm should do it.
no oil can dipstick out of engine can drop a few drops on it.

It only needs replacing if the lube job does not fix it. Relube in 6 months time if noise comes back.

Spray grease might be a better option, if there's a chance WD-40 could get into clutch plate, grease doesn't 'spread' like WD does.
I used spray grease today on my car door hinges, the rear ones sounded like the castle doors on Hammer horror films opened by Egor.

He only need a squirt on the pin and not the whole can and if if does not fix it the poor guy going to replace the slave cylinder will say what MTF covered it in grease 😂

Reminds me of the pedal box creaking on ford focus when you press the clutch pedal down its so annoying.
Proper fix and not a Ford service bodge fix is to ..... Buy 4 M8 4mm rubber washers. Cut a slit in each of them and then undo the 4 13mm nuts holding the pedal box to the bulkhead.
Slide the washers over the bolts at the back of the pedal box and smear with a little grease and then tighten the 13mm nuts back down and enjoy a quiet car again.
Fords answer is to bladder the clutch return pedal spring in grease ffs which sometimes works but the noise is actually coming from the contact of the pedal box bracket onto the steel of the bulkhead because theres no cushioning behind it lol .🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reminds me of the pedal box creaking on ford focus when you press the clutch pedal down its so annoying.
Proper fix and not a Ford service bodge fix is to ..... Buy 4 M8 4mm rubber washers. Cut a slit in each of them and then undo the 4 13mm nuts holding the pedal box to the bulkhead.
Slide the washers over the bolts at the back of the pedal box and smear with a little grease and then tighten the 13mm nuts back down and enjoy a quiet car again.
Fords answer is to bladder the clutch return pedal spring in grease ffs which sometimes works but the noise is actually coming from the contact of the pedal box bracket onto the steel of the bulkhead because theres no cushioning behind it lol .🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Feck that upgrade you hifi so you dont hear any noises , hell yes.

Back